North Dakota long range competition?

I don't know of anything in Minot. We shoot high power and F-class in Grand Forks, which is 3 hrs away. F class is on Sunday afternoons once it warms up. We fire from 300 and 600 yds.

They also do some long range shooting in Bismarck, which is alot closer for you. I do believe they shoot out to 1,000yards at their range. Rolla, which is probably 2 hours from you also hosts some matches over the course of the summer. Travis.

Thanks for the info. Im building a new Target gun and I thought it would be fun to enter some contests instead of just plinking at the same old targets all the time.

I just started shooting f-class at the end of the season. Some of the guys get together at a private range and shoot steel at various yardages. I am hoping to get to know them a little better, and hopefully be invited along.

You can google Forksrifleclub, and they have this summers match schedules with contact information already posted. I do not know how to get a hold of anyone in Bismarck or Rolla, but any one of the guys running the matches listed on the Forks web site could point you in the right direction. They may even know of something closer to Minot. Travis.

I've shot several matches out at the moffit range by bismarck. But since ive moved ive lost track of contact info for the range. You can call either gun city or scheels and get info.
Xdeano

Follow this link. It shows several ranges. Bismark was building a 1k range just after I left Minot. There is a range outside of Minot but I think it only has steel for longer ranges. It's been a while since I shot a match in ND. Grand Forks was the most common place for 600yd HP matches back then. I also traveled to Billings for 600yd matches. Minot used to have a nice indoor small bore range right in town. It was a great way to spend the cold winters.

Gordon

Where To Shoot | Find a Range

F-class in Bismarck is mainly 1000yds. There is talk of a varmint comp. in 2012. Pierre SD and Harris MN are the closest for benchrest comps unfortunately. There has been talk of tactical matches but nothing has panned out yet. I to am building a comp rifle. Still waiting on stock. Longest 6-8 weeks I have ever saw. That was in March.

Brent

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.