First Live 338 AM Rounds Down Range

Good to hear she is throwing lead. Get that barrel polished up, I would not go much over 20 rounds with the break in and then get your load worked on.

Once you get all that oil out of the barrel she will tighten up REALLY well in the groups. 500 yards should be pretty pathetically easy!!!, for that matter, 1000 yards should as well!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keep us posted.

Kirby Allen(50)

We should have her done by the end of next week. right now we got to get that bench more stable. When shooting the gong the bench would move enough to bounce the reticle from top to bottom of that gong at 500yds, really i am amazed we were able to hit it every shot.

It is a awesome round Kirby, i only pray it is enough to stop a charge from a low brush prairie grizzly!!! they get mean round these parts!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bill, Lerch...

I was out fire forming some brass this morning, i was testing different charges, 24 grns of green dot/cream of wheat/ does a full form. I suspect 20-22grns will be very close as well. The noise level was much lower with this load.

The rifle looks real nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dave

Linksmechanic,

If you shoot Shawns rifle and feel and see the power of the 338 AM, you will order it before you leave!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Its hard to discribe that level of power and preformance in words, has to be seen and felt to fully appreciate!!

Kirby Allen(50)

I better not shoot it then. Just looking at the rifle and the cartridge got me thinking about selling everything I own(including maybe a kidney).

[ QUOTE ]
I better not shoot it then. Just looking at the rifle and the cartridge got me thinking about selling everything I own(including maybe a kidney).

[/ QUOTE ]
A couple of months ago I got a new gun for my wife...

seemed like a fair trade.
chin2.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!!!!

BJ,
Where is the chronograph? That sure looks like a nice place to shoot. The only ground around here that flat is called the Pacific Ocean. I was looking to build a bench similar to your for a guy. Where to you think the wobble is coming from?

BTW: My range finder is working perfect. I love it. With my old one I always had more gun that finder. Now it's the other way around. I may need to get my own 338AM to keep up with it. Thanks

We're going to get the chrono out this week. We were just working on the bbl breakin here.

The wobble is just b/c the top is TOO BIG for the design of bench. I just finished attaching 3 eyelets to the bottom of the bench. I'm going to hook those to the end of the legs using ratchet straps. Hopefully this will pull things down nice n' tight and steady!!

Almost forgot:

Glad you like the rangefinder!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.