First custom rifle

shamu2240

So I want to get my first custom rifle and have a few ideas in mind. I wanted to get some input on my choices before I spend the money. Seeing how I'm just getting into reloading and the higher end spectrum of rifles I want to know if my money is better spent on a brand new rifle or should I pick up something used? I'm hunting in CA and the places I hunt are usually very steep with long walks in and out so I want something light. Thanks in advance.

These are the rifles that I'm looking at.
1) Alamo Precision Rifles, custom carbon 300 win mag
2) Fierce, carbon fury in 28 nosler or 300 win mag
3) Nosler, M48 Long-Range carbon in 28 nosler or 300 win mag

Reloader or factory shooter? If your a reloader or plan to stay away from the Nosler's 3.4 action it will do nothing but hinder you especially in a 28 and 30

If you pick a 28 Nosler and reload make sure it's not on a saami reamer, and its throated for the 180 or 195 or you might as well have a 7 mag.

I noticed you didn't mention a GAP rifle, any reason?
The main reason is price. From what I've seen those are a little out of my price range. I know custom rifles are expensive, but this will be my first one and I would like to keep it around 3,000.

The main reason is price. From what I've seen those are a little out of my price range. I know custom rifles are expensive, but this will be my first one and I would like to keep it around 3,000.
I hope you can acquire a custom rifle for 3K...maybe well used, however I believe your expectations are a bit unrealistic.

I hope you can acquire a custom rifle for 3K...maybe well used, however I believe your expectations are a bit unrealistic.
Ok, maybe my expectations are unrealistic, I'm not sure. I haven't been around in the custom world to really know. So give me some options, point me in the right direction. I'm open to any and all advice.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.