First custom rifle

Proof released the Elevation as well. Dealers are taking orders now as per Instagram, msrp:$2799. It's not listed on their website but you can check out on Insta.

I was just at my new friends house (he has a range to 1120) and we took apart Bergara's new rifle in 6.5C. very solid feel, fit and finish. I scoped the bore and compared to a bartlein side by side. All I'll say is that should be a very strong consideration! I'm a three position safety fan but can't wait to shoot that one...

Have you considered doing a custom piece by piece? That's what I did. Took a little longer, but I got exactly what I wanted. It helped with the budget also because your spending chunks over a longer period.

Ok, maybe my expectations are unrealistic, I'm not sure. I haven't been around in the custom world to really know. So give me some options, point me in the right direction. I'm open to any and all advice.
A true custom will run you a bit more if a custom is what your wanting. You might be able to get by with a production run that has good after market parts as mentioned above or a standard out of the box product that has upgrades. As for a custom, there are many builders to choose from. Just find the one that is willing to work with you and deliver a product as promised.

Ryan Pierce sells barreled actions now, as does Straight Jacket Armory for around 1800.00 with a carbon barrel. Pick the stock you want and bed it, or have a local smith bed it and you should be under 3000.00 I have under 2500.00 in my 300wsm built by my smith with a 100 rounds of custom ammo. Mod. 70 action worked, Bartlien barrel in a Game Warden McMillian stock that shoots 1 3/4" at 500yds

A true custom will run you a bit more if a custom is what your wanting. You might be able to get by with a production run that has good after market parts as mentioned above or a standard out of the box product that has upgrades. As for a custom, there are many builders to choose from. Just find the one that is willing to work with you and deliver a product as promised.
Are you really saying you can't build a custom rifle for $3k? That is BS man...

So I want to get my first custom rifle and have a few ideas in mind. I wanted to get some input on my choices before I spend the money. Seeing how I'm just getting into reloading and the higher end spectrum of rifles I want to know if my money is better spent on a brand new rifle or should I pick up something used? I'm hunting in CA and the places I hunt are usually very steep with long walks in and out so I want something light. Thanks in advance.

These are the rifles that I'm looking at.
1) Alamo Precision Rifles, custom carbon 300 win mag
2) Fierce, carbon fury in 28 nosler or 300 win mag
3) Nosler, M48 Long-Range carbon in 28 nosler or 300 win mag

I have had numerous custom rifles built over the years. I have ordered a fierce cr edge in 28 nosler.
So I want to get my first custom rifle and have a few ideas in mind. I wanted to get some input on my choices before I spend the money. Seeing how I'm just getting into reloading and the higher end spectrum of rifles I want to know if my money is better spent on a brand new rifle or should I pick up something used? I'm hunting in CA and the places I hunt are usually very steep with long walks in and out so I want something light. Thanks in advance.

These are the rifles that I'm looking at.
1) Alamo Precision Rifles, custom carbon 300 win mag
2) Fierce, carbon fury in 28 nosler or 300 win mag
3) Nosler, M48 Long-Range carbon in 28 nosler or 300 win mag

I have bought many custom rifles over the years but I am most impressed with the fierce ct edge. I have ordered one in 28 nosler. I'm not sure where you can get a titanium action, carbon fiber barrel guaranteed for 1/2 moa for 4k. You can spend 10k and not get a better guarantee. The only thing I would change is to have a kipplinger trigger which isn't built anymore.

You can have a darn nice custom built for $3000 exactly how you want it. You won't have a lot of stock choices but it can be done.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts