First 6.5 kill 130 berger

DCP

Hey everyone just wanted to share my first 6.5 284 success with you all. A lot of info I got on this cartridge I received from guys or gals on this site so thank you!! I'm in wisconsin so we are in our late season holiday hunt doe only. Headed out this morning not thinking it was going to all come together so in other words not prepared. Crested first hill and 4 doe were in the field 450yds. Was not to my stand yet so by the time I layed down, ranged them got situated for shot they moved to 480 yds. Dialed scope and squezzed. Hit her a little quartering away in shoulder out neck and down she went. Love these berger vld hunters 130gr. Thanks again for all the info have a great new year!!

Attachments

• 2015-01-01 08.25.39.jpg
    2015-01-01 08.25.39.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 146
  • 2015-01-01 08.24.11.jpg
    2015-01-01 08.24.11.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 118
That's a great news. I did shot a doe with Savage Target F-Class rifle with 30". Shot with Berger 140gr Hybrid. Shot like your deer's wound hole.

Congrats! Bergers are awesome bullets for bang-flops if you hit them just right. I had one last Jan. And the other deer I shot the day before only ran 15 yards and dropped from a double-lung shot. They are very devestating bullets, and I've been very impressed with them.

Hard to beat success isn't it?

I hate seeing huge exit holes because they always mean wasted meat but I'd rather see that than one that disappears into the brush never to be seen again.

Hard to beat success isn't it?

I hate seeing huge exit holes because they always mean wasted meat but I'd rather see that than one that disappears into the brush never to be seen again.
That's why you neck-shoot or lung-shoot them. No wasted useable meat. :D

Thanks everyone. When all the head scratching and going back to the drawing board comes together it's a great feeling.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts