fire forming method for new cases

Boss just tried your method. I got back a 284 win match from Nate 308. I was using 6.5x284 Lupa brass it worked great!!!!! I didn't even have to size it up, just primied put powder in then a little cotton, and it blew neck to the my chamber. Beats the heck out of lubing, and sizing up. Thanks again Boss for sharing your knowledge.....

Glad you liked it---if it works for one of the best smiths and shooters on the planet then it is good enough for me!!

Why not just have a junk rifle chambered with the same reamer and fireform normally? Form enough brass for the life of your new custom barrel and then do whatever you want with the junk gun. You could rebarrel it with a factory take-off for almost nothing. Take-offs are available all over the web.

I do have tubes just for this that were cut with my match reamers (my competition rifles only)-----still use this method---much faster and makes perfect brass every single time. NEVER have I had one that did not come out Perfect. The sporters I always do 200 which is plenty for the life of the tube.

Anyone to second guess Speedy generally comes in second! Would like to take his course sometime. Thanks for all the tips. I am going to give both a try!

Yes---on the rifles with brakes I just take them off like I do for cleaning. You can leave them on--did it that way once because I just forgot.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.