Finaly elk

wyowinchester

We've been hunting for cows for a few weeks now. My boy and I walked in on a fresh layer of snow this morning. About a mile in, we split up and went up. An hour later we topped out. He found them first and worked his way down the ridge to get closer.
I came out on another ridge not knowing where he was. When I got over the edge to see, I found them underneath me at 365yds. My first shot went right over her. Then my boy opened up and put one thru the ribs.
about 45 min. later while we dressing her out. I stopped for a cup and here came some more out of the trees. They ran right over at us so I shot one in the neck. Now we had two to packout of that hole. We got all the parts to the top, and brought out one elk. Going back in for the other one in the morning. Left the Creedmore home and took the 280 mountain. It's shoots straight.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.