Bulls Finaly

wyowinchester

My boy and I went up to camp last Thur. We had four days of hard hunting with no elk even spotted. We seen lots of hunters over the weekend, so getting away from people the main objective.
Last night we came down and decided to work another area on Wen. Bingo.
After an hour and a half, hike in the dark we climbed the ridge. slowing down to get the time and light right we found a small herd up by the trees. They moved away to the next hill and waited for us to get there and set up. Two shots and they all ran down next to the trail and stopped. The two bulls started to wobble but we put a shot in their heads anyway so they wouldn't get to far away. Now the work.. We got them dressed out and drug them about 100yds into the shade of the trees, and hung the halves off the ground, split the necks, and put the tenderlions in our packs. Going back in the morning to pack them out. More work, great day.

Well, after having a friend pack out the two bulls for us Thur. I took my other boy and my Grandson back in today.
We took an hour and a half to get back to the next ridge where I seen another bull on Wen. We had to slow down a little for my 9 year old but it was just right. We eased up the ridge and started glassing just as you could shoot. In just a few minutes, we had the bull spotted.
As we hurried to the rock edge to get a shot, we found he had some cows with him. Waiting for him to clear and turn was nerve wracking with the swirling wind. Finally it happened. He took a shot at 120yds down hill. The elk had no idea which way to run so they just ran 10yds and stopped. The bull ran toward us and stopped giving us one more shot. He turned down hill and froze. After a few minutes he toppled over. Now the celebration and work.
We called for help and started the processing. Three hours later we had the parts to the top and help arrived.

I have tried to upload and it won't let me. Pic's When the WEB MASTER tells me how, or gets me that token it wants.

Well, Can't figure this pic thing out. Unless someone want to lead me by the hand it probably won't happen. Talk about tech challenged. Len said to resize. Can't even get that done. PM me if you think you got the answer.

To resize pictures, open them up in Paint and click the 'Resize' button. That's the easiest way to do it.

well it took awhile.
The top two are the two on Wen.
The bottom were on Fri. with my boy and grandson Thanks for the help

Attachments

• Resized_20161103_090902.jpg
    Resized_20161103_090902.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 93
  • file 1.jpg
    file 1.jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 109
  • file 2.jpg
    file 2.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 111
  • file 3.jpg
    file 3.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 114
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.