Finally got to shoot over 200 yds

user27

I finally got to shoot at something further than 200 yds at the local range. Went out Tuesday to some BLM land and was able to shoot out to 800 yds. The target was a 2 foot diameter gong. I was using my 6.5 Grendel. My friend used his 338 Lap and 6.5 Creedmore. Fun to hit something that far. We're currently looking for a place where we can go further.

Was there anything left of the steel after the 6.5 creed hit it ?
Actually, there were two holes in the thinner part of the target but we're pretty sure the 338 Lapua did that.

P.S. Sorry for being so slow in replying. Retirement is tough.

Where in ID are you? In central ID, there's a nice public range on BLM land to the east of Bellevue in Martin canyon that has benches at 100,200,300,600,& 1K yds. Depending on where you set up, you can shoot 100-1000 in 100 yd increments. Of course, you have to go when the smart people aren't out there shooting up their TV's and destroying the dirt benches by riding their OHV's all over everything......

Where in ID are you? In central ID, there's a nice public range on BLM land to the east of Bellevue in Martin canyon that has benches at 100,200,300,600,& 1K yds. Depending on where you set up, you can shoot 100-1000 in 100 yd increments. Of course, you have to go when the smart people aren't out there shooting up their TV's and destroying the dirt benches by riding their OHV's all over everything......
I'm in SE Idaho. There are some ranges here that are longer, I just haven't been there, yet, and where I was was not a range but BLM. I was happy with 800 yards, then talked to some friends and they start at 1200 and go out from there. So, I'm looking forward to that. Thanks for the tip on central ID.