• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Finally got the bullets, Thanks Everyone

terrier72

I am not sure where to ask this, or how it is done on these boards as I have not seen this happen since I have been reading and learning here. I have had a transaction go bad and I dont want this to happen to anyone else here by this person. I dont know whether to post his name and what happened or just forget about it. It wasnt a lot of money, but everyone should know what happened and be able to judge for themselves so it doesnt happen again to someone else. I guess what I am asking is where do I, and is it allowed to post about a bad transaction.
Thanks,
JC

Last edited:
Re: What to do?

FYI, I had one go bad about three months ago and this is what I did. Look and see in there profile if they are logining in regulalry. If not, start looking for him on other boards. IF they post here they are probably registered and posting at:
24hourcampfire.com
Snipershide.com

and other.

Find the one they havet he most post and spend the most time. That is where there reputation means the most. Sign in and send a PM on that board and tell them you will out them aswell.

Worked for me, tracked the guy down on three boards and finally resolved it by contact him here.

Also send him a PM or email stating if its not resolved by a certian date you will post all there information that you have!

Good luck.

Willys46

......and if that doesn't work, I emailed a deadbeat on overview of his house and surrounding neighborhood obtained via a popular satellite website advising that it was only about a three hour drive from my home. I recieved the product express mail 2 days later.

Heres what happened, On 9-3 I posted Ill take it for some 7mm bullets for $39. I sent the MO out and a few days later. I recieved notification that the MO had been received and that the product would be sent out. A little time went by and I received an empty package in the mail. It looked as thought the bullets had either split the packaging open or someone had opened the package and removed them. I pm'ed this person and they stated that this had never happened before and asked me to contact the PO and file a complaint and he would do the same. He also asked me to wait two weeks and see what happened I agreed. Well two weeks later and no word from the PO. So i PM'ed him and he said that he did not have the money, but his father who the bullets were actually sent from would offer me a cheaper scope in exchange for the bullets that were lost. He said he really did not want his father to lose a 120 dollar scope for 40 dollars in bullets and that if I could wait 2 weeks until he got paid that he would cover his fathers cost on the bullets and he would put a check in the mail. I agreed and said that I was in no hurry for the money. Well he posted some other bullets for sale a few weeks later and I pm'ed him and said that if he would like to try and package up some of the other bullets he was selling and send them to me we could call it even and I would not need a check or MO sent. He responded in a few days and told me that would be fine, that was on 10-23. He had logged on numerous times and would not respond to any pm's until I got this pm on 11-22.
"I will get them out this Monday. Havent had time to do much lately. Should be there next Friday or Saturday."
Well it is 12-16 and I have sent him numerous pm's and he has not bothered to repond since 11-22, even thought I know he has been on numerous times.
I understand that things happen in life and we may not be able to make good on some things, but at least let the other person know what is going on. I understand if he could not send the money. That is why I gave him a chance to send me some bullets to replace the ones that were lost. I didnt really know how to handle this because all of my other transactions on here have been great and I have not seen another post like this since I have been here. If it is allowed I will post up his name and screen name if not then I guess I will just count this as a lesson learned and not do business with him again. As a side note I thought I could trust this guy as he has close to 1700 post here.

Re: What to do? What happened posted

Were the bullets lost in shipping? If so, is this the responsibility of the sender? Not stirring the pot. I don't know. Would it be fair to split the cost of a new batch bullets? If this guy sent an empty box of bullets, out the rat.

Steve

Sounds to me that the post office should be liable not the seller, unless of course there wasn't any insurance put on the package. If thats the case (no insurance) then it sounds like all was going along fine until he stopped communicating with you, either that or he lied about sending the bullets out. Although shite does sometimes happen, the bullets could of been mailed out 3 weeks ago and being this close to Christmas they've just not arrived yet.............Nah.........not likely....... hang the bloody thief!!!

Just kidding......IMO there's no excuse for not communicating with a guy. Yes, a guy can be broke and need to wait for a check or funds to come in, and thats all understandable, but it doesn't cost anything to PM a guy and explain whats going on. If he has been online, and on this site posting, and won't return a PM............well, I say its time to HANG EM' !!!!!! Somebody get the pitchforks, I'll get some torches. ;^)

Were the bullets lost in shipping? If so, is this the responsibility of the sender? Not stirring the pot. I don't know. Would it be fair to split the cost of a new batch bullets? If this guy sent an empty box of bullets, out the rat.

Steve

Steve,
I see what you are saying, but the way I feel is it is my responsibility to make sure the money got to him. If it was lost on the way to him I would be out. So I feel that makes it his responsibility to make sure the bullets get to me.

JC

Ok here is how I understand it. Posts/emails can be hard to understand at times.

The guy sent you some stuff after he received your money. It was not in the box when you got it. Maybe it did come out of the box during shipping. If I was him I would say I sent them to you and I did a good job packing them and there is no reason you should have an empty box. I would think that you were trying to pull something over on me.

This guy did not seem to say that. After filing a complaint with the PO time went by. He offered to give you something else for the money. If I sent you something I would not offer you anything in exchange because I ALREADY sent you something. This guy offered you something (my guess) is because he sent you an empty box in the first place. Not cool.

Give him one more chance and then I would out the rat!!!!!!!

The way I see it, if I was going to screw someone around, not that I ever would, it wouldn't be for $39 less freight. Do you realize how many times you would have to do this to be able to buy just one of the average rifles from this sight?

I do not understand the offer on the scope though. I do not like in any way shape or form a thief. I am not understanding the seller on this one

terrier72, its easy enough to look at your posts to realize who it was and quite honestly it shocks me.

His statistics show him being on here yesterday so there is no excuse for not answering you PM's.

I'm not going to stick up for him being some time has gone by.

In my eyes he owes you bullets or cash....plain and simple.

His statistics show him being on here yesterday so there is no excuse for not answering you PM's.

This is exactly why I wanted to post what was happening, Like I said it was only $39 but the fact that he would not let me know what was going on when I knew he was getting on and off and even making post while not responding to me is what was making me mad. Heck if he would have been honest if something was going on out of his control and said Hey JC there are a lot of things going on right now and if and when I get the money I will send it to you. I would have been fine, but I fugured if he would do this with $39 whats to say he wouldnt do it with say something a little more pricey to someone else.

This guy offered you something (my guess) is because he sent you an empty box in the first place. Not cool.

I didnt want to believe this was what happened at first, but I have wondered.

I can assure everyone I didn't send terrier72 an empty box. This has been the 1 and only problem I've had with a package not making it with the contents in place. I believe the bullets were stolen if they somehow fell out of the package.

This was a deal for my dads bullets, I was just being the middleman. I sent the bullets the same day or maybe 1 day after terrier sent the money, I still have the receipt to prove it. No insurance was put on the package as I never have before and trusted the PO to do there job and like I said, I've had no problems before with packages not making it with the contents.

I received the money, gave it to my dad and he went and bought other bullets with it the day I gave it to him. When terrier72 said he recieved the package with no bullets I told my dad. He was not happy to say the least witht the PO and said he didn't ahve the $39 to re pay. He also doesn't really trust people on the net and said what if he actually did receive the bullets and is trying to get bullets and the money?? I said that usually doesn't happen around the places I hang out on. Anyways, he offered a winchester 4-16x40 scope on HIS part to try and make it right for not having the $39. I told my dad to forget it because the scope is worth more then $39 and I would take care of it. I said I would cover the $39. Terrier72 said he would take some bullets on trade instead, so I agreed to send the bullets and just haven't communicated with him or sent the bullets off yet.

What it boils down to I guess is I have been lazy with communication and I haven't had the money to make it right.

I'll get the bullets out tomorrow afternoon.

Sorry for the inconvienience on my part to everyone and inparticularly terrier72.