• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

I got excited Fed 215s finally in stock…then I got mad

Was just looking at a brick of Winchester primers on my shelf where I paid 35.59. Ahhhh!!! The good ol days of old. When we come out of this pandemic don't expect the prices to come down.

Their pricing is the same as Gunbroker, pretty much exactly for 215 M Federals. I just bought a brick of 1000 Federal 215's not the match for $106.00 delivered with Hazmat from Midway a few weeks back.

So, there are primers available time to time for less than Gunbroker prices. But, not $40 per brick. I think those days are gone at least for next 3-5 years

As long as gasoline is in the $3.25 plus ballpark, and there is 5 to 8%
CPI inflation being reported, and manufacturers cant get anyone to work, I think its hard to see primers back at $40 per thousand. I think $65 to $80 is about the best one can do right now. Benchrest Match primers maybe a little more even.
But you better have a big stash if you are waiting for $40 again. Sorry to say so, but I believe that's reality right now.
Maybe it can change in 3 to 5 years but only if we get a different administration and govt. in charge.
Hostile to fossil fuels and energy independence means an inflation ripple through the whole economy.
It may get worse. Buckle your seat belt.