Finally committed ...

BoomFlop

I have been kicking around getting into reloading for a number of years. What has prevented me in the past was the intimidation of the process and number of tools "required" when posting questions on the subject on forums.

I reached out to @elkaholic and @RockyMtnMT as I very much respect these guys opinion, honesty and knowledge. Amazing guys!

Well, today I ordered a RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme press and RCBS Chargemaster Lite.

After much deliberation and with Rich and Steve, I think this initial start on equipment is the best for me (lots of over analyzing).

Look forward to collecting a few more items (calibers, OAL gauge, and powder etc).

Wish me luck! LOL

Steve

I have been kicking around getting into reloading for a number of years. What has prevented me in the past was the intimidation of the process and number of tools "required" when posting questions on the subject on forums.

I reached out to @elkaholic and @RockyMtnMT as I very much respect these guys opinion, honesty and knowledge. Amazing guys!

Well, today I ordered a RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme press and RCBS Chargemaster Lite.

After much deliberation and with Rich and Steve, I think this initial start on equipment is the best for me (lots of over analyzing).

Look forward to collecting a few more items (calibers, OAL gauge, and powder etc).

Wish me luck! LOL

Steve
Good on ya! You will do fine. Not as complicated as many make it seem. Consistency and only do one thing at a time. That way you won't get mixed up and do something wrong. Also only keep the components that you are currently working with on the bench. No mix ups.

Hey Steve,
I'm happy for you. Reloading is as easy or complicated as people choose to make it. As long as you are doing it SAFELY, the details work themselves out.

I reloaded for a long time before finding this forum. Never thought it was that complicated. Then I get on here and people are near-benchrest detail in their reloading! It was mind-blowing. But I understood. Shooting far, far away requires meticulous reloading to improve groups and achieve low SD. But for the 'average' guy or gal who just wants to make up some ammo to shoot and practice with, it isn't that hard to make a loaded round of ammo.

With time, you will get more tools and toys to fill up your reloading bench, but for now, you have gotten into the game and that's the first step. GOOD LUCK!

I am going to start with 223 Remington for 2 bolt rifles. Then I will reload for 3 bolt 7mm-08's and a bolt 308 Win.

These are what I have, and I believe should be fairly easy for me to learn from.

Hopefully in the future, I can add some wildcats (Sherman's).

I have been reading a bunch over the past 3 years or so and look forward to putting that knowledge to good use.

Thanks
Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.