Field Mice Hunting at Night

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
Forgot to mention
Jill and I were at our shooting range cabin a few weeks ago and stayed for four days. There is 100 acres of PRS targets and we cut the field several times a year. When brush hogging or using the big zero turn there is always hundreds of field mice and snakes that we see trying to run away from the machines.
Well we brought our favorite RRA Coyote AR with NV with us in case we wanted to hunt Yotes at night. We decided to see what was in the fields at night. If you shined a good light you could see as many eyes from mice as the stars. Also used Thermal and could see small signatures. There were literally hundreds of field mice scurrying around. We started shooting them at around 50 to 75 yds with the .223 and NV. Had to use the Thermal and then the NV with IR. Hard to see because so small and the grass being thick. Missed a lot more than we got since they are only the size of a golf ball. The next morning Cassie was rutting around in the field picking up parts.
Just another Varmint Hunt. They probably do more good in the fields than they do in the cabin chewing stuff up. Saw Posts recently about shooting animals we don't eat, but these mice don't go to waste. If we by chance are good enough to hit one they are devoured by other animals, easy catch for them since they can't run away.
Anyone ever hunt MICE at night? Whole new challenge!
I hunted RATS on the river and Rail Road Yards when I was young. Have posted about that on LRH a while ago.

Attachments

• Mice 2.jpg
    Mice 2.jpg
    721.7 KB · Views: 96
  • Mice.jpg
    Mice.jpg
    814.6 KB · Views: 96