Surprise today in groundhog field.

Ohlongarm

Sitting hiding ,when I spot a glimpse of red about 210 yards scooting along the edge of a cut bean field ,red fox,took a quick shot he ran like a banshee about 50 yards and into the thick grass. I thought a miss, but i saw an impropriety in his stride. Half hour later went down there ,found a blood trail,he dove into the tall grass into a hole and died,unbelievable,15 grain WSM.My phone battery died ,and this is my only picture, I gave the fox to the farmers grandson he'll sell him to a local fur buyer.He made from where he was hit to about 60 yards before expiring,shot was a little further east of his right shoulder than I like.

Attachments

• fox down.jpeg
    fox down.jpeg
    608.5 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:
Winchester 15 grain Varmint X lead free @ 3300 FPS,couldn't find a wound channel,no exit and the shot was a little further back than I prefer ,double lunged my guess. I don't like running shots they sometimes never end well.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.