Fiberglass stock refinishing question

mtp29464

Guys I have a question.
I bought a used HS Precision take off stock I want to refinish. I bought it in rough shape, but the price was right. I have sanded it down, primed it, filled in the dents with a fiberglass boat repair 2 part epoxy compound, sanded and primed it again.

Now the question.
I want to restore a textured finish to the forearm and pistol grip areas of the stock.

Has anybody tried either of the following products?
1. Kiwigrip boat deck refinishing system.
2. Spray on truck bedliner products.

Any results you would like to share or advise on what I need to use would be greatly appreciated.

I need a product that can be painted after it is applied.

Thanks.

mtp, just refinished a HS Precision on my 13 year old 30/378 which has seen a lot of hunts, but I did not sand it smooth. Filled dings with Marine Tex. Gave it a good scrub with ScotchBrite pad, wiped down with thinner and sprayed plastic primer. Used a Rustoleum base color and black and white webbing spray. Covered it all with 3 coats of clear satin urethane. Get lots of postitve comments on the paint job. The webbing spray I found at Wally World, but I went to quite a few before I got both the black and white. If I get tired of this color I'll sand a little and repaint.

Krylon makes a texture paint that works very well. Comes in a few colors also so you might find a color you like. Just clear it and you are good to go.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.