DIY fiberglass stock

@ kiwi 3006.. So microballoons are they beads? And applying the epoxy.. Do I just use a sheet rock knife and kinda put it on like peanut butter? I only thought spraying it would keep it even. But I guess that's more critical on your gel coat? On your mold? I have lots of questions..

Yes micrballoons are beads. Just spread it on, I use ice block sticks. Sand it back, you will probably need a couple of coats.
In the mold I just brush a thin coat in using a disposable resin brush.

Ok haven't been hard at it because i've been pretty sick. Something the kids had to share with me. But here's a couple of pics.
So decided to use body filler because it'll seal up the Styrofoam as well as create a hard shell for waxing and gel coat. Now to let you all know. I'm not an auto body guy
as you will see from my dazzling display of body filler application.
IMG_0957.jpg
Ok so its not pretty some of you are probably saying." My God what has he done"? Worry not i blocked it and sanded it and came up with this and it doesn't look bad.
IMHO
IMG_0958.jpg
As you can see it needs some more to fill in some low spots. But not a bad little run for my first stab. You're all probably looking at it and saying." Well why isn't he doin the whole side"? To be honest if i screwed up it'd be a lot easier to shape a new butt then that entire side.. Ya with me? Well gotta go for another round at the toilet.
Take care all

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.