Feds posing as AR buyers?

MontanaRifleman

This is not a 2nd A or political thread. Just a heads up. Have no idea how true it is but found this ad on ARMSLIST, so I thought I would post it FYI.

THERE ARE FEDS POSING AS BUYERS Who contact you and make arrangements to buy your AR or lower receiver, then when they meet up will look it over and find some trivial detail that they say is a deal breaker, and with great apology they back out without buying. They never intended to buy it they are just keeping tabs on who has what. The person who contacted me got me mixed up with other buyers and it was obvious he was checking out a list of people.

That doesn't make much sense. When it's put up for sale, EVERYBODY knows you have it, and since it is for sale, they should also know you won't have it later. Not only that, they won't know who you sold it to anyhow unless it's a ffl transfer

When it comes to gunbroker, or any other gun-for-sale site, a simple monitor of who sold what and who bought it is readily available. I would think it's easier for the FBI/Batfe to perform searches of past sales of whatever model if that was the objective. It's somewhat backwards, since normally it's a search of a name to see what firearms were bought.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts