Federal Terminal Accent

Shoot these quite in a bit in a couple different flavors. Fouling has not been an issue nor has cleaning. I have not had to change my cleaning process at all for these.

Accuracy has been very good with these (factory rounds) in this particular rifle and the others I hand load for.

Bullet recovered from a whitetail I shot last year.

280AI, 155 Grain factory load. Terminal performance is outstanding. This was recovered from the opposite side hide.

Fed TA Recovered.jpg

I used them for one season and had impressive terminal results (300 Win Mag 200 grain TA made a mule deer back flip twice before she was dead where she landed), couldn't find the factory ammo and moved on to reloading and finding them as components was next to impossible. Moved on to the 200 grain eldx and hand loading and I haven't looked back.

I have some ammo and bullets for 270 and 30/06
If anyone is looking to buy. I will have to get an inventory of what I have. Not a lot but I am not going to use them. Not because I am disappointed in them. I have just moved in a different direction.

Phil

one of the most accurate bullets In factory ammo in both of my 300 Win Mag rifles, an early 80's Remington 700 BDL & a late 90's Classic M70 Winchester, two completely different rifles but with the 200 gr Ascent factory ammo they both shoot as well as my best handloads so I picked up 5 boxes for each rifle recently and will get more when I see them in stock

same deal with both of my Rem700 7mm Rem Mags

when I set up ammo on the kitchen counter to take the pics, the wifey asked me how much the ammo cost me ......

Deer in headlights moment ..... so I compensated with a grandiose embellishment of a fantastic deal

I lied, lol !

61693644-C753-49F9-BD0A-12DDA687FBA4.jpeg

I have some ammo and bullets for 270 and 30/06
If anyone is looking to buy. I will have to get an inventory of what I have. Not a lot but I am not going to use them. Not because I am disappointed in them. I have just moved in a different direction.

Phil

I might be interested in the .270 ammo and bullets. Once you know what you have and what you want, message me.

-Craig

I found them to shoot well, with excelent terminal performance. I then found them unavailable as components, and that was the end of that...
Just a heads up footnote,
I talked to a Federal rep at the DSC convention in Dallas over the weekend and he said it would be at least a year before the Terminal Ascent bullet would be available as a component for reloading. They cannot even meet the demand for their factory rounds with this bullet.

tonto

I talked to a Federal rep at the DSC convention in Dallas over the weekend and he said it would be at least a year before the Terminal Ascent bullet would be available as a component for reloading. They cannot even meet the demand for their factory rounds with this bullet.

tonto

tonto
Well, if swamplord would quit buying them all, maybe there would be some left for components ;)

I have been using them for several years now in both .280 AI and .300 Win Mag. Devastating and terminal performance on several elk, my Colorado Rocky Mountain bighorn ram, and my Colorado mountain goat last year. I dropped the biggest bull of my life this season with these bullets. If anything, I have noticed less fouling than the copper bullets I shoot (Hornady GMX and Barnes TTSX). The barrel always comes very clean so I'm not sure there is merit in some of the things you've been reading out there but everyone's barrels are different as is how they take care of them and how much they shoot. I use these bullets for hunting so I'm not at the range burning through them either. My only mild criticism is that they aren't quite as accurate as other bullets I use in my own rifles - especially if you're shooting their factory loads. For hunting, it's negligible and I'm still shooting well sub MOA (.650" 5 shot groups in my .280 AI with factory loads and a little more open with my .300 Win Mag). If I had to nitpick, that's what I'd say about them and I could probably shrink groups playing around with different loads.

Last edited: