Federal Terminal Accent

Moose360

Interested in opinions on these rounds in a 300 Winny. Specifically wether the nickel coated bullet will leave nickel on the lands and grooves and if so, how does one remove it. Thanks in advance.

Shot them out of my 308 for testing. Not as accurate as other high end rounds but that's coming from an accuracy snob. More than sufficient for a hunting round.

Didn't see any issues after shooting them. Cleaned the barrel as I normally do.

I have been told by a gunsmith to never use bullets coated like this. Says it will foul the barrel and hard to clean. I have shot pigs with them and they kill well but i don't shoot many rounds because of what I was told. Not sure if it really does effect the barrel but I error on the cautious side especially since there are so many other types /. Randy's of bullets out there

I loaded some in a friends 280AI. No issues with accuracy at all. No fouling issues either.

Terminal performance was stunning!! Moose guide commented as they cut up the moose and a nice WT was shot through the heart and was gushing out the far side.

I ran an ad "wanted to buy" and quite awhile later a great member here said he had some if I was still interested. Heck yes!! I got a box for myself and a box for my buddy.

Sometimes whispers of trouble are just that. I've seen crowns so damaged by theses same types it would blow your mind yet they rail against something new only because it is unknown to them.

If they shoot in your rifle rest assured your in fine shape. It is too bad components are so scarce. I have seen quite a bit of the .308 win and have been buying them even though I reload.

I've read on other sites where they are either Electroless nickel, or Cupronickel. The post I read says Electroless has a lower coefficient of friction. I've shot them out of my Tikka .270 stainless. They are some of my most accurate handloads. As far as cleaning my barrel- Butch's Bore shine-dry patches, light coat of oil. I've also shot follow up shots at the range with no noticeable changes using other projectiles.

Very happy with the performance of this projectile in Federal factory ammo - 30/06.

Acceptable accuracy for my purposes, excellent terminal performance.

Sadly, I have not seen any ammo on retailers shelves in about two years. I cannot recall ever seeing available as components.

After shooting this projectile I have not considered barrel(s) any more difficult to clean than any other bullet. I never fired more than 20-25 rounds before cleaning.

I found them to shoot well, with excelent terminal performance. I then found them unavailable as components, and that was the end of that...
This. I got them for my 280AI when I could. Then the ammo shortage happened and Federal never seemed to produce them again.

All they are is the trophy bonded bear claw with a boat tail and plastic tip.
With a better BC and lower expansion velocity... Not even close to the same as even the tipped TBBC. They would be close to my perfect bullet for some applications, if only Federal could actually make the components reliably available.

I've read on other sites where they are either Electroless nickel, or Cupronickel. The post I read says Electroless has a lower coefficient of friction. I've shot them out of my Tikka .270 stainless. They are some of my most accurate handloads. As far as cleaning my barrel- Butch's Bore shine-dry patches, light coat of oil. I've also shot follow up shots at the range with no noticeable changes using other projectiles.
Cupro-nickel bullets have been used for at least 120 years. Many military cartridges from Europe were used in service rifles.