• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Federal 215M primers

I got mine. Up to 7000 over the last 10 months. It doesn't bother me to shoot .15 cent primers. Pretty well set for a couple years. The brass, bullets, and powder are more than the primers. I have never understood why the primers get everyone's panties in a bunch.

Vista owns 90% of the primer market, Hodgen keeps buying up powder company's, so when is enough?
200-300 dollar primers? 100.00 lb powder?
Is your pants in a bunch then?
I would still buy at those prices. To me it's like fishing. I am not going to stop doing it until I can't afford it. At these prices I can still afford to shoot a lot. Priorities. Prices will stay the same or slowly drop but will never go back to the old priced without a serious recession to bring down the prices of commodities. It is what it is. If people want to sit on the sidelines because of the prices it's their choice. My choice is to keep shooting.

I would still buy at those prices. To me it's like fishing. I am not going to stop doing it until I can't afford it. At these prices I can still afford to shoot a lot. Priorities. Prices will stay the same or slowly drop but will never go back to the old priced without a serious recession to bring down the prices of commodities. It is what it is. If people want to sit on the sidelines because of the prices it's their choice. My choice is to keep shooting.
If you dont think this is killing this sport think again, its going the same way as Nascar. I already know 2 people who have quit because they can't afford it.
The younger generation have know idea, remember you will be alot us age someday.
One guy on accurateshooter even made the comment if you can't afford to shoot you need a different job, is that what this is coming too. YEP!!

I have no control over other people's finances or the financial decisions they make. And I don't want it. I can only speak for myself.

I have no control over other people's finances or the financial decisions they make. And I don't want it. I can only speak for myself.
Exactly, but you do have some control over a hobby right!
Like I said many times I bought all I need long ago and if I didn't have i certainly wouldn't be still going like nothings changed. I was brought up leave it better behind you and paying 300.00 for primers and 100.00 powder isn't doing my grandson any favors. One day when you have grand kids hopefully you'll get what I'm saying.

Not so much the cost as it is availability, getting low on BR2's so I'm wading for smallmouth and walleyes in the Potomac River.

2buffalo how old were you in 2008-2009?
I saw alot of people sell alot of stuff because they were living like there was no tomorrow.
Seems like there's plenty with the same attitude

What about the guy who is can't afford these ridiculous prices because he's trying to raise young kids, wife in college or kids, or is retired or you just don't give a shi$.?
It's not just shooting components. It's everything. Blue collar couples with kids can't afford much these days for recreation. Camping is even more expensive than ever. Forget shooting sports.

2buffalo how old were you in 2008-2009?
I saw alot of people sell alot of stuff because they were living like there was no tomorrow.
Seems like there's plenty with the same attitude
Late 30's. Interesting enough I still owned my buisness and was building a hotel for AIG. I'm sure you remember they were the ones who insured all the mortgage backed securities. It was a tense time but made it through it stronger than when I went in. One reason is commodity prices dropped because of the recession. It will happen again. My point is I worked hard for what I have and this is pocket change compared to the fishing I do which also has inflated prices. I will pay the prices until its no longer fun. If it's not fun or costs more than I can budget then I will do something else.