Fawn distress calls

Recon$$

What calls do you guys use? I have a few older calls, but I'm looking to tweak the arsenal if i can. Looking for something that's not affected by moisture and freezing temperatures if it exists or just a consensus great call.

One of my hunting groups has found this to be an aggressive but fruitful way of stirring up deer when slow hunting draws out west.

Just curious what you guys are using.

Personal preference.... this one can be affected by moisture but is the easiest to pack, and use in my opinion, and is very effective on Deer and Predators.

This ^^^^^^! Very effective, taken quite a few bucks by softly calling. Doe comes in with buck not far behind. Also has stopped a few bucks I've jumped, again blown soft not the loud high stress noise as for predators.

if hunting draws and cool drainages, best thing to do is get up high and glass in. Then get the wind and thermals right and stalk down.
Better to be patient and unsuspecting imo. I only give "meh" out loud to get them to stop during a far shot during archery.

Guys that bring their cousin Eddie and his whole family that do deer drives are the ones that try to stand them up like that.

You can litterally stomp around making gorilla sounds like they do and get the same results.

That said, I used a Bluetooth speaker and my phones fawn distress call to clear out coyotes. Works pretty well sometimes. I'm sure you can find a IP rated speaker for a reasonable price.

Might want to check on electronic calls legality for deer in your area of question.

I'm not talking about uncle Eddie drives. I'm talking about covering ground. Like 20 drainages in a morning. I've been doing this for 15 years and learned it from a very experienced guide. Of course I'll get in and glass first, but a few calls is a good way to at minimum to get a few does to stand or get them out of the pines. I'm not asking to attempt to call them in, I use it more as a locator. Just seeing what calls guys are using, not interested in anything electronic.

I
What calls do you guys use? I have a few older calls, but I'm looking to tweak the arsenal if i can. Looking for something that's not affected by moisture and freezing temperatures if it exists or just a consensus great call.

One of my hunting groups has found this to be an aggressive but fruitful way of stirring up deer when slow hunting draws out west.

Just curious what you guys are using.
just make my own call. I have listened and then tried to make the same call (Noise) over the years. Fawn Bleat, Snort Wheeze, Grunt. Use them to STOP a Buck, Call in a Buck, Call in a Doe. I used to be good at a Moose Call-sounds like a wet leather shoe string pulled through an empty coffee can. I guess maybe I am better talking to animals than people.
I also had a Buck Grunt Tube to make several sounds, many years ago and it worked really well. Don't think it is made anymore but I'll try to find it. I found that if you can make calls with your own vocal cords (and works) you don't have to worry about if you left your call home or the reeds freezing up.
Fawn calls work great for Yotes in the summer!

Recent Posts