Favorite printable target—load development

jtbiv01

Ive downloded a few targets for load development and currently use Nathan Foster's 100 yrd Target. Any recommendations for a better target using a cross hair reticle (vice Benchrest dot)?

Attachments

• F3EF5C38-B746-41FE-9DF1-5C37994719D2.jpeg
    F3EF5C38-B746-41FE-9DF1-5C37994719D2.jpeg
    936.1 KB · Views: 937
That seems like a nice one!
All I do is hang a plain white sheet of paper and put a small triangle of blue painters tape on it in the center, with the point of it pointing downward... I aim for the point... kind of rudimentary, but it gets the job done. Sorry I don't have anything fancy to contribute.

Here's a couple that I regularly use. I print them out on colored paper and sometimes add orange target dots.

Attachments

• 1 A Rifle-Target.pdf
    326.9 KB · Views: 749
  • XL BR Diamond.pdf
    101.7 KB · Views: 532
5AC3E3C1-E57F-44CF-B146-D7DA4430FF56.png
I have been using some LaRue Tactical targets. I love them. Print them out on card stock and they hold up way better then regular paper. Additionally they are half moa squares instead of the usual 1 moa squares. Makes it easier for judging group size through the spotter.

View attachment 90962 I have been using some LaRue Tactical targets. I love them. Print them out on card stock and they hold up way better then regular paper. Additionally they are half moa squares instead of the usual 1 moa squares. Makes it easier for judging group size through the spotter.

My preference is targets like the one on the right with 4 points of aim and the 1/2 MOA or 1 MOA graph lines to assist in evaluating group size and point of impact.

I also like this type when using a scope because it seams to help me maintain level with the scope with all of the grid lines. In poor light I can also use the corner of the black dot to aim and hold the crosshairs/recital precisely the same.

For use with an aperture site I prefer a round dot with a slightly smaller size than the effective opening of the front aperture at the distance to be shot. this give me a series of different size circles for alignment.

Just my preference

J E CUSTOM

My preference is targets like the one on the right with 4 points of aim and the 1/2 MOA or 1 MOA graph lines to assist in evaluating group size and point of impact.

I also like this type when using a scope because it seams to help me maintain level with the scope with all of the grid lines. In poor light I can also use the corner of the black dot to aim and hold the crosshairs/recital precisely the same.

For use with an aperture site I prefer a round dot with a slightly smaller size than the effective opening of the front aperture at the distance to be shot. this give me a series of different size circles for alignment.

Just my preference

J E CUSTOM

I also prefer the 4 target option. I was just showing the different targets they have. The 4 targets also give more shooting time and less target hanging time.

Ive downloded a few targets for load development and currently use Nathan Foster's 100 yrd Target. Any recommendations for a better target using a cross hair reticle (vice Benchrest dot)?
Hi!

I have used this, and thats the best you can get for load development.
Google boxtobenchprecision targets.

Hi! you can google boxtobenchprecision targets there you will find the best target for load development, you can use these target over and over again.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.