Favorite Powder for a 20 inch barrel 7mm-08?

Thanks, did not know that. Why did Hodgdon stop marketing it as H-414.
don't know. They have been killing a few powders lately. Possibly they didn't like the label color.
I'm a bit irritated they stopped 4320... A lot of guys aren't fond of the fact that the Enduron series is vapor either.
I'd say shy away from the show but they bottle a LOT of the powder burned in the states now. Rl is pretty much a no show to the party lately too. I might just buy a few kegs of VV and call it a day.

tell me more about this CFE223 I have 8lbs I have yet to use. Would it work with the 140 Absolute Hammer? I'm running the 140 Bergers at 2650 out of my 20 inch carbon barrel right now. I would love to speed it up

My thread on cutting my 26" 7mm08 to 20" is pasted below. Impossible to know what velocity you're getting without a chronograph, but maybe this will give you an idea of what to expect vs the book data at 26".

tell me more about this CFE223 I have 8lbs I have yet to use. Would it work with the 140 Absolute Hammer? I'm running the 140 Bergers at 2650 out of my 20 inch carbon barrel right now. I would love to speed it up

I just tested it this year, and with 44.5gr I got 2,835 avg with the 139gr SST in a 24" barrel, WLR and Nosler brass @ 2.80" COAL.

Another vote for H4895. I have new containers of Varget and Big Game sitting on the shelf because I haven't had a need after trying 4895. Getting 2900ish with 131's from a 20" barrel.

My thread on cutting my 26" 7mm08 to 20" is pasted below. Impossible to know what velocity you're getting without a chronograph, but maybe this will give you an idea of what to expect vs the book data at 26".

Pure gold. Thank you. It seems the drops in velocity were more percentage based (ie: the faster the load, the more you lost and vice versa)

I generally go by the manuals for velocity estimation, select load with best accuracy @ 100 yards, and then verify all of my DOPE at a friends property out to 600 yards+, but I know I need to get a chronograph. Been putting it off for too long

As mentioned already, H4895, Varget and CFE223 are great options, but the one that will provably get you the most velocity is RL17.
I found a 5# jug of RL17 on gunbroker and am bidding on it. Thank you

I'm not 100% sure if I should be going for the 5# jug, so posted the above. Figure if it's meant to me I will get it. If someone else wants to outbid me ;) then that is fine too. Cheers

I found a 5# jug of RL17 on gunbroker and am bidding on it. Thank you

I'm not 100% sure if I should be going for the 5# jug, so posted the above. Figure if it's meant to me I will get it. If someone else wants to outbid me ;) then that is fine too. Cheers
I bid Bourbon

Attachments

• Bourbon.jpg
    Bourbon.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 34