Favorite Hunting clothing brand advice!!!

IMO: Agree with your perspectives on First Lite. I am a Kuiu fan for warm to mid-autumn hunts. Hairston, best-known for Kuiu led the way on making performance athletic-based hunting gear, first at Sitka and then at Kuiu. I have hunted from BC to New Mexico in Kuiu from August through early November and been warm and dry. First Lite has been coming on strong with their line of hunting gear, both in quality and price point which equates to value. My perspective is Sitka still has the edge for really cold weather archery sits. As an aside, 5'8" and 155 pounds, so athletic cut works.
I wish athletic cut worked for me,… Worst part is my size. Even at my thinnest of my life it was hard to find clothing to fit. Being broad shouldered and all legs sucks. It was either too baggy or too tight. Hopefully I have been able to find that gap with first lite. So far so good!

I wish athletic cut worked for me,… Worst part is my size. Even at my thinnest of my life it was hard to find clothing to fit. Being broad shouldered and all legs sucks. It was either too baggy or too tight. Hopefully I have been able to find that gap with first lite. So far so good!
Athletic cut generally mean broad shoulders, thin waist to shoulder ratio. I grew up farming so apparently that was normal back then, we just called it farmer cut. Ha ha im just an office guy now flying a desk. I'm little at 5' 6" and usually run 180. 31" waist. First light always fits me fine but a buddy who runs 300-350 at 6'2" is not fitting into the line well at all. He does ok with the tops but bottoms is a no go. When he was in the marines he was 205. Big difference.

I personally like all the First Lite gear I have but am becoming less brand loyal and probably will be looking at each item I want and buying the best value.
That being said I'm also thinking as much as I try and buy made USA in other items I need to do the same with my outdoors clothing.
A company I just recently found out about is Forloh. Made is USA with free shipping and returns. Unlike First Lite. I recently purchased a second pair of FL pants at the same size as my others. They were to small!!! I had to pay to send them back then 1 moth later I had to contact them and harass them to get the new pair.

Kris
This is what I have been looking for. I almost have worn First Lite exclusively for the last several years, but Forloh has my attention. I'm all about buying US products when there is a viable option.

KUIU has excellent design and quality but only IF you order parkas and jackets ONE SIZE LARGER because KUIU cuts their clothing for a "slim" fit. Fashionable and "European" but not as functional as I'd like.

I fortunately had a friend gift me a slew of King's Camo gear (pants, puffy jacket, puffy pants, rain pants, rain jacked, merino wool top and bottoms, mid layer jacket...etc). They've held up well over 3 seasons and show no sign of slowing down. You can spend a lot more on gear but I don't think you be getting x times better quality, but your mileage may vary. I'm a fan of King's.

I fortunately had a friend gift me a slew of King's Camo gear (pants, puffy jacket, puffy pants, rain pants, rain jacked, merino wool top and bottoms, mid layer jacket...etc). They've held up well over 3 seasons and show no sign of slowing down. You can spend a lot more on gear but I don't think you be getting x times better quality, but your mileage may vary. I'm a fan of King's.
King's Camo is the best budget camo out there. However, their XKG stuff is right up there with First Lite/Sitka/Kuiu IMO.

Im sorta surprised that the store is still open.
It could be ten years since ive been there, and there were very few hunting clothes on display then.
Johnson woolens in Vermont make some nice clothes also, and they have a nice store as well.
To be honest, I haven't been there in a couple years now either. The last time I was there I bought a bunch of different materials since they were having a big sale. I had what I wanted made and still have enough material left for another set. If I ever go through all of that I'll definitely check out Johnson woolens. Thanks for the heads-up.

I don't think Kryptek gets enough love either. Their stuff always fits me like it was made for me.
I was going to come in here and say there a dozens of us that wear kryptek. I absolutely love most of the altitude line I've picked up. Wish the bora pants had kneepads like the toras though. It cuts the Wyoming wind, amazing how well it breathes and I don't have to bother with rain gear.