Favorite Deer Rifle

This may sound weird but I really do not have a favorite. I have discovered that just about any rifle can harvest deer effectively. In the last few years I have started grabbing rifles that I had never taken a deer with just to say that that rifle had taken a deer. My children thought I was crazy, because the first year I used an $80 pawnshop Spanish Mauser in 7x57. I restored it, refinished the wood, and shot a doe at 50yds open sights (I haven't shot it since lol). Then it was a Christiansen 6.5PRC, several different AR-15's in different chamberings, a Henry X in 44mag with subsonic cast bullets, a Remington 700 .308 with subs, and now we're off to find the next one.

I have several, so I wonder which it will be 🤔? Probably 8.6Blackout ;)

My favorite? 🤔 Might not be the best, but... I'd have to say my minty WWII 1942 Win 1894 .30 WCF has never failed me in the field on Whitetail hunts.
I have other rifles that are more accurate and shoot much, much farther in the sub-MOA range, but this one is dear to my heart, I've taken some very nice Whitetails with it. Just my 0.2 Cheers

View attachment 539062
Great rifle, handy to carry, quick to mount, fast second shot. Considered kind of underpowered now, but didi well for years. I read of guy killing a charging grizzly with one, a quick brain shot.

Remington 700 .270

Attachments

• IMG_6297.jpeg
    IMG_6297.jpeg
    204.1 KB · Views: 19
My favorite is my 700 on 260 rem with a 26" hart barrel on it. It was my first rifle I bought a year before they opened up a rifle season for big game in my part of ny. Although it was a 243 back then. It's never missed or lost a deer. I did take 2 shots on 2 of them but neither of them actually needed the second one.