Favorite bedding compounds

I'm wondering what anyone's favorite bedding compound is? I'm currently using Brownells Acraglass gel. I did notice on my 22 creedmoor sitting in an MDT chassis it cracked under the chamber where it's about 1/2" thick. Could be due to curing or my fault!
Absolutely Devcon 10110. A little spendy but worth it. Only thing I would note is bed a few other rifles or get some buddies over and let them bed their rifles too. I only used maybe 25% of the container for one rifle and the rest hardened and was thrown away.

Yea
Absolutely Devcon 10110. A little spendy but worth it. Only thing I would note is bed a few other rifles or get some buddies over and let them bed their rifles too. I only used maybe 25% of the container for one rifle and the rest hardened and was thrown away.
my problem too waste half of it!

MarineTex gray
Dow Corning DP190 gray -spendy but amazing
I've also used glass micro balloons to reduce the density of both of the above

I'm wondering what anyone's favorite bedding compound is? I'm currently using Brownells Acraglass gel. I did notice on my 22 creedmoor sitting in an MDT chassis it cracked under the chamber where it's about 1/2" thick. Could be due to curing or my fault!
It's Marine Tex Gray for me. I've used it on at least a dozen rifles over the years and have had zero problems. It's easy to work with and cures so strong that I once fixed an aluminum propeller on a 7.5 hp Mercury outboard with it. The Marine Tex held until I ran the boat up on a gravely sand bar two years later! It's pretty good stuff!

I have used acraglass. My Highmaster buddy and another Highmaster gunsmith that bedded my M1 and M1A used bisonite

Acraglass Gel with atomized steel powder added was my favorite because it will not sag and run out of bottomless voids before curing. Recently I've tried Devcon 10110 and was very happy with the results. Very little, if any sag and seems to be harder when cured.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.