factory 300 win mag that can shoot 215 bergers from the magazine

North Idaho Hunter,

I guess I have to modify my previous statement. Lets now say if you live in latitudes lower than lets say 48 degrees the hybrids will be seating depth friendly. <grin>

Honestly you are the first I handloader I have heard mention issues with the hybrids. Worth knowing. Thanks for sharing.

I was surprised too, the 215 intrigued me for that fact that i was told they wouldnt be sensitive to seating depth.

I imagine i am the unlucky one, i get struck by murphy's law alot!

Coopers will let you seat he bullet as far out as you want.

My 280AI Cooper will not. I shoot 168 classic hunters out of it. I first tried to load them at mag length and they are 150 thou into the lands! I have no idea why they would chamber a gun like this. As far as the 215's go, I find the sweet spot is 30-40 thou off.

Well I bought a 700 xcr tactical long range 300 win mag today from BRAVO4 nib so well see what happens, now the search for a scope! thanks for the replies it helped me make my decision and I feel good about it.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.