Explain MIL/MIL scope vs MIL/MOA scope?

I have not tried to find a sun shade for it and the clarity in mine is fine out to 500yds but to me the ARD really kills the clarity at all ranges i took it out and through it in the trash and dont miss it at all. The only thing I wish it had a lit reticule for hog hunting at night

Well I have researched both scopes alot and cannot decide on either one. The only thing that is keeping me away from the Weaver is there is no parallax adjustment. The usual distance I expect to shoot is 3-400 yards.

Is the parallax really not problem for this scope for a max of 5-600 yard shooting? If I get this scope I plan on just buying a nikon 40mm sunshade for it.

Thanks for the assistance,
benson821

Couldn't you just get the kenton scope turrets in MIL's and avoid the whole Mil/MOA conversion issue?

Unless I'm really missing something here, a new knob won't change anything about the internal adjustments. You could get one calibrated for yardage based on the ballistics of the load you shoot but you can't change it from mil to moa just by changing the knobs. You'd still have the same problem of the mismatched measurements.

Most of the guys that advocate the mil/mil scopes are the tactical or military guys. They are more comfortable with mils, so they prefer for their scopes to have a mil based reticle and mil turrets. All of mine have mil based reticles but moa turrets. It is just what you are used to and what works best for you.

Have the turrets match the reticle is the easiest/best way to go. MaCthing the turret to the reticle allows on to use the reticle and the turrests in conjustion with each other and allows one to use the reticle for correction on misses

When I first started I only used MOA, I now have both and prefer Mils. Both are angular measurements

Alright i'm leanng towards he Weaver becasue of ease of use and more adjustment available.

But any idea of a 20moa 1 piece base to put on a Savage Model 12FLV. It's left handed so I wold need a left handed base or one that is opened up on the bottom. What's a left handed 20moa base for a good price

EGW makes what you need. Optics planet might have the best price.

I checked those out but all i saw were bases for remington 700's.
I have a Savage Model 12FLV (left handed 22-250). Any suggestions on a base for a Savage or will the Remington base work for the Savage?

I've had some experience with the buckmaster 6-18. Mine was a regular duplex reticle and was bought before they brought out the same model with a mil-dot reticle. I really liked the scope. My only grip was that I thought the 6x was a little high for the low end of the power spread. I sold it and replaced it with another buckmaster but in the 4.5-14x with a mildot reticle. Another outstanding scope for the money spent.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.