MOA vs. MIL

Sorry no I do not.

Since everyone likes the MOA/MOA. What kind of MOA lines do you like or what would you like to see? Large One MOA line with .5MOA in between, Large two MOA with 1 MOA in between, etc.

Do you like an Illuminated or no Illuminated reticle?

Sorry no I do not.

Since everyone likes the MOA/MOA. What kind of MOA lines do you like or what would you like to see? Large One MOA line with .5MOA in between, Large two MOA with 1 MOA in between, etc.

The large 2 moa's with a short 1 moa's btween sound good. Also since we are talking reticles I LOVE the floating dot on the IOR MP-8 dot reticle.

Although I have never used it in a hunting situation, I like the illuminated ret. and I think Nightforce did an awesome job concealing it. I prefer that to the wart on the eye piece look.

Jeff

Sorry no I do not.

i like 1 moa with .5 moa in between like the NP-R1

mil/mil and I really like the TMR WHERE THE CROSS hair doesnt touch @ center, can aim at a bullet hole or a target dot easy

A year ago I would have said MOA/MOA & spit on the rest... But I have to admit, Tinkeritis flared up again:rolleyes: I'm running Mil/Mil TMR on my 338. The TMR rocks & Mil/Mil isn't all that bad, the one down side I think is going to bite me is my shooting/hunting partner runs MOA/MOA, calling shots between us is going to be interesting....

If I had to choose again?? Might have just stuck with MOA/MOA... but where's the fun in that?

Outlaw, No disrestect ment by this question at all, but for my own understanding of both systems could you please tell me to what distance you usually shoot / practice?

Thenks man

Jeff

Broz,

Nothing wrong with an honest question, luckily my family owns a ranch so I get to free roam as much as I like. I do have a 1000yd range over looking an alfalfa field with stationary targets @ 500 & 1000 with several smaller dongs for placing in between (I used to be a welder by profession). All of my shooting takes place from 0-1000, most of which falls 750 & in. I would like to say I am proficient in ELR practices, but that just isn't true:) I do have the room, but I don't have the time... Funny how that works:rolleyes:

I'm just starting with the Mil/Mil system, as my last post stated, I do see some issues moving forward... we'll see.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.