Eradicate the Wolf???!

Well I thought I could quit this thread, but I was thinking it would die by itself.

From this week: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...back-in-us-supreme-court-ruling-idUSKCN1NW1P3

https://www.vcstar.com/story/news/2018/12/15/urgent-plea-cal-fires-exiting-chief/2286637002/

It ain't about wolves, frogs, spotted owls, seals and salmon, jaguars, ferrets, martens, caribou, or whether Columbian Whitetails are a separate species, or a malnourished scab land variant, or when is it a Bull Trout, not a Dolly Varden.

It's about money, political power, and an agenda seeking to control every aspect of our behavior, and property, both public and private. In the California article, it's subtle, but the recommendation that is essentially the state wresting control of development from local communities, and ultimately property owners. Take a trip to their DMV if you wish to see what getting a building permit for your property will look like.

It's about having a stranglehold on rural communities, and businesses.

https://lmtribune.com/opinion/riggi...cle_0982ac17-242d-5de3-a9fa-4db01f5d2969.html

Eradicate the wolf? Notice how the wolf issue changed when a mid term election sent members to congress proposing cutting the USWS budget?

A big win? That game was already over, the agency saved it's budget, and redirected their energy to other causes. You should as well.
Agreed.

The animals are merely a tool or means to an end. It's always power and politics. Sadly.

It's like voting in my opinion if you dont vote dont b****. Same thing as these meetings dont attend then dont expect things to change. I gotta give the enviro's credit they have got what they want by being dilligent. I was brought up to stand by what you believe in if that makes me look like an idiot then so be it. I urge everyone if you dont like what's going on then attend the squeaky wheel gets the grease. If you say your to busy well then don't b****. The enviros aren't to busy sure they got full time employees but a couple hrs here and there every year is not gonna hurt us.

To answer your question about the F@G notification dont you think they should notify theres a griz, wolf, mountain lion or other bear were there not suppose to be when they know there there instead of hiding it, what's there motivation for being silent.
Well my belief is they dont want Joe public to know because they think somebody will shoot them so there picking that over public safety. Imagine you taking your family on a boating trip out in Flathead lake and coming across a griz on a island and one of your kids gets mauled or worse who's responsible the family for being on a outing were there never is suppose to be a griz or F@G for not warning people to stay away.

What if I take my family on a hike on Big Mountain and we run into a griz. What if I take fishing trip into the Missions?

I see what you are saying but I am not sure it is logistically possible. We have bears in our neighborhood pretty much every fall. They molest garbage cans and such. Probably more dangerous was the cow moose that spent much of the summer with her calf here eating the flowers off of people's decks. Then the bull that showed up to court her this fall. Fact is most of these animals are not detected by almost all of the people. I could move to a big city where I don't have to worry about such things.

My thinking is we live where these animals do too. Not sure it is logistically possible to do what you want.

Come on Steve we all know that Big Mtn and Missions have griz but I for one wouldn't be taking my 5,6,7, 8 year old hiking in those area. 2 years ago I was over a Cutbank gopher hunting and there were flyers everywhere warning people about 3 griz hanging around Tiber reservoir, were there a will theres a way.
Even in GNP they shut down trails and campgrounds because of griz or hard shell campers only.
I'm not afraid of griz I hunt all the time were there at but not alone anymore I have a 14 year old grandson that I hunt with and his dad and I wont take him yet in griz know griz country dont know how he would react to a griz charge and I'm not about to put him in that situation or have that on my conscience if something were to happen.

Didn't Teddy Roosevelt have the np put together to give these large animals a safe place to exist....money spend since then to fund that park is probably astronomical.....and now they(good doers) want these animals everywhere, easier to spot from a trail or road..and for what......$$$$$$$$$$....
Control and money....is all this is about.......

What if I take my family on a hike on Big Mountain and we run into a griz. What if I take fishing trip into the Missions?
That is your choice knowing there are griz in those areas so if something happens that's on you. I'm sure theres plenty of people who wanna take there young family on an outing where theres not suppose to be griz like on a island in the middle of the lake.

That is your choice knowing there are griz in those areas so if something happens that's on you. I'm sure theres plenty of people who wanna take there young family on an outing where theres not suppose to be griz like on a island in the middle of the lake.
Pretty much every back rd and trail head has a beware of bear sign. I guess they could put some signs up at the boat ramps on Flathead lake.

Why...."black bears have retractable claws" that's why they can climb trees......and "bears don't swim".....
why put signs out to protect people......

Not supposed to be griz on an island. I'm sure that wasn't the 1st time a griz stepped on an island in Flathead lake. There's not supposed to be any griz west of Kalispell, according to f&g, but we know there is. There's not supposed to be griz in the Missouri breaks but they seem to get there fairly regularly.

Wanting the government that you don't trust to warn you as to the whereabouts of large predators just doesn't make sense to me.

Your grandson is not goingto have many hunting opportunities. These top shelf predators are all over MT. You don't have to answer this question if you don't want to, but it might help me understand where you have come up with your ideas. Are you from MT?

Im going to go to up coming meetings.There where 250 people few weeks ago in Trout Creek at wolf meeting.Sure alot of tension,there,about a dozen outfitters run that area.But I have also had two friends that where on F&G commision and felt like their voices where not heard.I hear you Steve saying if wolf there so is game.But you know as well as I do the numbers in NW MT are low.My favorite spot in a wilderness area where I shot half my elk.Days seeing 7 bulls ,now in 15 times in I cut one elk track.Its really sad.You cant control them in roadless areas like that,that where game rich.Do to my being self employeed Ive had time to hunt.Youse to average 25 days for me to get a bull.Now I dont harvest many years.Last 5-8 years I hunt 30+ days,this year 40.In 2015 went 71 days,thats with good glass and magnum.The game is not there.You can hardley count much on the North or Mfork game range.East of mountains a different story.Think region 1 was only 50 bulls.With all my time in woods ,herd wolfs manytime.Ive never had a shot at one.

I moved to Montana from western washington in 1991. You think my ideas are way off base in the minority or what. Dont know what you are getting at by that statement

I moved to Montana from western washington in 1991. You think my ideas are way off base in the minority or what. Dont know what you are getting at by that statement
Not getting at anything other than trying to understand your thinking that the government should be warning about where predators are. My feeling was confirmed by you. It is a way of thinking that comes from people that are from big cities. The kind of thinking that someone should be responsible for their safety.