Eradicate the Wolf???!

Your getting way ahead of yourself assuming I came from a big city. I grew up in a small town of 250 people and cut timber in the years I lived there and helicopter logged the first year I moved here. Nobody is responsible for my saftey but me.

Im going to go to up coming meetings.There where 250 people few weeks ago in Trout Creek at wolf meeting.Sure alot of tension,there,about a dozen outfitters run that area.But I have also had two friends that where on F&G commision and felt like their voices where not heard.I hear you Steve saying if wolf there so is game.But you know as well as I do the numbers in NW MT are low.My favorite spot in a wilderness area where I shot half my elk.Days seeing 7 bulls ,now in 15 times in I cut one elk track.Its really sad.You cant control them in roadless areas like that,that where game rich.Do to my being self employeed Ive had time to hunt.Youse to average 25 days for me to get a bull.Now I dont harvest many years.Last 5-8 years I hunt 30+ days,this year 40.In 2015 went 71 days,thats with good glass and magnum.The game is not there.You can hardley count much on the North or Mfork game range.East of mountains a different story.Think region 1 was only 50 bulls.With all my time in woods ,herd wolfs manytime.Ive never had a shot at one.
I agree. I can't prove it but it is feeling like game numbers here are getting better. Was a tough season this year with the lack of snow. I put a lot of days in the mission wilderness hunting or special muley tags with very poor results. I am chalking that up to the last two winters being very tough and long.

So I am hoping that I am correct that we are seeing a bounce back in the game numbers that were taken down by the wolves. I'm not seeing as much would sign as we used to. Fingers crossed!

Your getting way ahead of yourself assuming I came from a big city. I grew up in a small town of 250 people and cut timber in the years I lived there and helicopter logged the first year I moved here. Nobody is responsible for my saftey but me.
Well then I don't understand.

Yes Steve I was at a function where Dianne Boyd spoke and she said the wolf numbers where down slightly,which as you know mirrors game counts in many predator /prey relationships.They have GPS and all kinds of ways for tracking these days.I also would say I saw less wolf sign,and raised them less bugling.Its just the damage has been done.Plus you know where I hunt lots grizz,Ive seen13 in one day in my youth,and cats that basically dont get hunted do to terrain.

The reintroduction of the wolf was to control the flyover states. Remove as many ways to earn a living is the goal. Look at the way EPA DOI and BLM operate. More importantly look who is working in those offices. I know more famous people's children from working with fisheries people than I care to. These kids are moonbats to moonbats. They never had to earn anything and now are making policy. They go out looking for a species that lives in rocky bottom out in the sand and clay bottom. Then they close them down so you cannot keep 1 fish. Yet this species is so thick lobsterman are catching 2-4 in each trawl of pots(10-15 pots in a trawl) They eat all the lobsters and he has to toss them back
It is extremely hard for me to believe that NFWS is any different.

Stay under the porch guys. There's dangerous animals in the mountains. Hell, we had a grizzly bear on the golf course in Stevensville, Montana this Fall. Can't even golf anymore. If I golfed in the first place. mtmuley

Stay under the porch guys. There's dangerous animals in the mountains. Hell, we had a grizzly bear on the golf course in Stevensville, Montana this Fall. Can't even golf anymore. If I golfed in the first place. mtmuley
That's funny! Did they warn the golfers that the bear was coming? I bet they knew for days that that bear was in the river bottom and didn't even care to give warning.

No warnings at all. Ridiculous huh? Then they trapped him and hauled him off. That started another **** storm. We better not discuss that here. Might get ugly. mtmuley

Of course they had them for years at Meadow Lake and W Glacier GC.Remeber when they piled elk up at Meadow Lake.

I don't remember that. I know they wander through the golfers regularly at glacier. Keeps you on your toes!

Tell about the elk.

Recent Posts