Eradicate the Wolf???!

Having talked and worked with some of the people who were peripherally involved, the wolf issue was coming to this anyway...and the models used to maintain herds of game animals were to the point that disease and ecological damage being done in the home ranges was going to lead to a correction....the reintroduction of the wolf by man ...just did it in our "today" instead of our children's tomorrow...so let's work on or find a viable plan that won't mean short term solutions to a long term cycle...Boom and Bust...like I have said earlier...No one will be satisfied with the solution...

...and the models used to maintain herds of game animals were to the point that disease and ecological damage being done in the home ranges was going to lead to a correction...

You really believe herd reductions couldn't have been accomplished without the wolf? Work on solutions when complete nonsense like this is being disseminated as science? I choked on the current range and forest management practices all summer. Check out Paradise California it's a good example of what happens when one surrenders common sense to government science.

I wish I had the PR firm the wolf has, beginning with Disney rewriting Peter and the wolf. The steady diet of the "wisdom, and spirituality of the pack", lunacy has been effective.

Oh, I will only say I did my best to stop them from being re-introduced when I lived in Wyoming. This subject is to HOT for me. I lived quite peacefully with by brother the Grizzly. We had an understanding; I respected him and in return he left me in peace. I got into some heated discussions with those bringing in the wolves to Wyoming. My predictions came true and their words proved to all be lies and half-truths as I predicted. I am so tankful God saw fit to move me out of Wyoming that I loved so much as I would in all probability gotten locked up otherwise. I detest liars no matter what positions they hold especially when they knowing do it right in your face!

HarperC...wasn't saying or didn't intend that "Wolves" were the solution, just that along with the wolf issue..the one that was naturally developing as well as artificially sped up...there is also the issue with how we currently manage our forest and wildlife on the whole...I do apologise if I inferred otherwise... was not my intent

Hey I have an idea. They used to hold turkey shoots to raise money so maybe we can bring out all the Washington bureaucrats that had a part in the re-introduction of the wolf into Wyoming dress them in swimming wear and sell ticks to Wyoming residents to raise funds to get this wolf problem under control. Then let the Wyoming residents use paintball guns on those idiots so next time some one comes up with some stupid idea to force off on a state full of people that don't want that stupid idea they just might STOP and THINK before acting. This could be done in every state the Wolf problem spreads to to raise funds. What does everyone think about that?

Hey I have an idea. They used to hold turkey shoots to raise money so maybe we can bring out all the Washington bureaucrats that had a part in the re-introduction of the wolf into Wyoming dress them in swimming wear and sell ticks to Wyoming residents to raise funds to get this wolf problem under control. Then let the Wyoming residents use paintball guns on those idiots so next time some one comes up with some stupid idea to force off on a state full of people that don't want that stupid idea they just might STOP and THINK before acting. This could be done in every state the Wolf problem spreads to to raise funds. What does everyone think about that?
I think you are a bad representative of hunters just like anyone else that post stupid **** like this. That's what I think. mtmuley

I think you are a bad representative of hunters just like anyone else that post stupid ---- like this. That's what I think. mtmuley

Every has an opinion just like everyone has an ***. Have you ever been to Wyoming or have YOU any idea what wolves have done to the game animals in Western Wyoming or are you just an opinionated uninformed hard case that just likes to stir the pot? That is what I think!

Every has an opinion just like everyone has an ***. Have you ever been to Wyoming or have YOU any idea what wolves have done to the game animals in Western Wyoming or are you just an opinionated uninformed hard case that just likes to stir the pot? That is what I think!
I'm thinking @mtmuley may not reply, so I will for him. He lives with wolves literally in his back yard. He didn't want them in his yard anymore than anyone else here. He just can't stand listening to folks that have ill informed ideas about how they came to be here or how to handle it going forward. Let alone ideas about bringing harm to those that had anything to do with the re introduction.

I'm thinking @mtmuley may not reply, so I will for him. He lives with wolves literally in his back yard. He didn't want them in his yard anymore than anyone else here. He just can't stand listening to folks that have ill informed ideas about how they came to be here or how to handle it going forward. Let alone ideas about bringing harm to those that had anything to do with the re introduction.

I'm sorry to hear that. I lived in Casper, Wyoming and fought as hard as I could to prevent it and it ANGERS me so much how I and others were lied to and intimidated to submit under threats of prosecution if we did not! Being shot with a paintball gun stings and leaves a bruise but no permeant damage like what was done with the FORCED wolf re-introduction. Anyone knows that such an event could not and would not ever happen but it shows the frustration with those that used their power of office and their threats of force to get their way did not stop them now did it.

Now that it has turned into a nightmare is anyone in the Federal Government going to be held criminally or financially responsible for all the loss of Game Animals, and are all the livestock being lost to wolves being FULLY covered not to mention pets.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear that. I lived in Casper, Wyoming and fought as hard as I could to prevent it and it ANGERS me so much how I and others were lied to and intimidated to submit under threats of prosecution if we did not! Being shot with a paintball gun stings and leaves a bruise but no permeant damage like what was done with the FORCED wolf re-introduction. Anyone knows that such an event could not and would not ever happen but it shows the frustration with those that used their power of office and their threats of force to get their way did not stop them now did it.
I understand your frustration. We had them showing up in NW MT long before they stuck a bunch in Yellowstone. I kinda think they thought that they could put them in Yellowstone and they would stay there happily ever after. Not.

They would have made it down there anyway, it just would have been more gradual. Now that they have delisted them it seems like they are being kept in check in many places. I am hoping that with loose enough regs they will be kept at a level that is not decimating to the game. Not sure if we have enough space for that to work.

I was in the Game and Fish office in Casper when some of the Fed's came in and stated with their propaganda about the mandatory wolf re-introduction and I spoke up and called it B.S.. I told them it it was the same B.S. like when they took my M14 and shoved the Black Mattel Toy jam-a-matic M16 in my hands (back before they put the forward assist on them). They told us we never had to clean them. I called that B.S. at the time too. They did not like that. I told them they could not keep those mince-a matics in the park and they would come out and go through the elk and deer like Ginsu Knives. But I was told I did not know what I was talking about as they were the Government Experts with all the degrees and they had done studies. I said I had lived in the forests and mountains all my life studying animal behavior and that they did not know their elbow from their A-holes (only less politely). You can't tell a wolf pack where to live and where not to go unless you kill them to stop them. Oh, I was told you harm a wolf and you will go to prison.

As far as I am concerned every wolf should be shot on sight and I have been saying that since 1990.

Last edited:
...I do apologise if I inferred otherwise...

Apology not needed, I enjoy a spirited debate, but this one seems to have passed that line. Over half of communication is tone, and body language. Things we could work through over a cup of coffee, and a donut, come out all caps in this medium.

My apologies as well to you, or any that felt I hit a point harder than necessary. If any are in the neighborhood, I'll pick up a generous supply of coffee, and donuts to continue this conversation until everyone has had their say.

This thread however I'm out.