Elk mount

Backcountry_IDN

I think my bull is done
577155134.jpg

Know the feeling......or don't know the feeling....whichever way it works....

That elk mount pose....is gonna take up a lot of room in your room...
For short ceiling heights about the best option for a mount to use the best square footage....is squared out from a corner.....
I did it with a deer...takes up wo little room....the elk still takes up a lot of area....20170801_075937.jpg

Know the feeling......or don't know the feeling....whichever way it works....

That elk mount pose....is gonna take up a lot of room in your room...
For short ceiling heights about the best option for a mount to use the best square footage....is squared out from a corner.....
I did it with a deer...takes up wo little room....the elk still takes up a lot of area....View attachment 131095

Thats a good heavy buck. Yea it is, my wife isnt thrilled lol. Unfortunately ive got to see if I can get it where I want (corner in living room) takes up less space there. My house was built in the 40s so they used plaster instead of sheetrock. ****es me off. The plaster is so old it falls apart when i try to drill a hole for a picture even.

Make sure you find a wall stud....lathe and plaster is strong enough to hold some pictures....not all....
Without the screw in a wall stud lathe and plaster don't stand a chance....
Might be better to find a piece of plywood say 4-6" wide...longer than stud width and screw the plywood into the studs and place the elk on it.....give you a little leeway when squeezing it into a corner.....
And with your wood working skills....you could even improve on the plywood idea.....

That's a 90 degree turn.....if his bull is wider it will have an extreme tough time fittting that way....
My Roosevelt scored 250"...35" wide....nice compact antlers...
Fit perfectly at 45 degrees...same side of wall as the previous picture...

That's a 90 degree turn.....if his bull is wider it will have an extreme tough time fittting that way....
My Roosevelt scored 250"...35" wide....nice compact antlers...
Fit perfectly at 45 degrees...same side of wall as the previous picture...
Forget the width but pretty both length and width were pretty average.Overall score was 374. It was the only way for the space I have. Would've been a lot easier to deal with if we were able to remove the horns.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts