Elk hunt for 12 year old

doll sheep

Needing help for a good place to take my 12 year old son elk hunting. Was hoping someone could give me some advice to where to take him. Just looking for a place that's not to hunt. Thanks

Your post is kinda confusing, last line says "looking for a place NOT to hunt" ?? Are you looking for just an outdoor experience with maybe some camping, or is hunting the important part?

Sorry I am from Oklahoma. I want to take my 12 year old Elk hunting. Just wanted for it not to be a hard hunt. Thanks

I see lots of whole elk in the back of pickups, but that rarely happens to me. In my world elk hunting rarely equals easy.

The best way to get easy would be to do a full service guided hunt.

Steve

Some western states have "junior" preference options available. Try looking over the G&F websites to see if any look like an easier experience.

Three friends booked landowner cow elk hunts in northwest Utah last January. These guys are all in their 70's and not extremely mobile. Their average shot was <100 yds. Lots of snow, but the landowner snow machined them to his barn and helped dress them. They said with license, tag and fee, the cost was around $1200-1300 each. These hunts can be found online. Have fun

You can always do a New Mexico Landowner Tag hunt. It can be fairly easy physically, but be prepared to spend some bucks.

If you are interested in pursuing this avenue, send me a message and I can provide a contact to a great outfitter.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts