eletronic powder measures

I always double check with a beam scale.

This is the weights I use to check the scales.

Attachments

• 20170119_171028.jpg
    20170119_171028.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 69
I use a GemPro 250 scale and never check with another scale. I scoop and pour my powder and never use a thrower or trickler. I find that this is a better setup for me cause I don't load 100s of rounds at a time. I find the GemPro250 to be very quick to respond and a lot faster than my old RCBS balance beam scale.

I use a GemPro 250 scale and never check with another scale. I scoop and pour my powder and never use a thrower or trickler. I find that this is a better setup for me cause I don't load 100s of rounds at a time. I find the GemPro250 to be very quick to respond and a lot faster than my old RCBS balance beam scale.

I have a RCBS electronic scales and a jewelers scale, both of them have weights to celebrate them. The RCBS will link to my powder measure to drop a given weight of powder. This is nice for stick powder or when loading on a single station press. My old Ideal # 55 powder measures work good on ball or flake powder but not on stick. I use to weigh everything on beam scales but like everyone else you sooner or later think you need something better. You know the one with the most toys at the end wins.
The only boy in the family, Garry

I have a RCBS electronic scales and a jewelers scale, both of them have weights to celebrate them. The RCBS will link to my powder measure to drop a given weight of powder. This is nice for stick powder or when loading on a single station press. My old Ideal # 55 powder measures work good on ball or flake powder but not on stick. I use to weigh everything on beam scales but like everyone else you sooner or later think you need something better. You know the one with the most toys at the end wins.
The only boy in the family, Garry

You talking about the Chargemaster 1500 combo? I know folks that say they would quit reloading, if they couldn't use it. Lol

It looks like a pretty slick setup. If I loaded more, I would have one. Instead of spending money on the Chargemaster, I support my bullet buying habit at SPS. Haha

You talking about the Chargemaster 1500 combo? I know folks that say they would quit reloading, if they couldn't use it. Lol

It looks like a pretty slick setup. If I loaded more, I would have one. Instead of spending money on the Chargemaster, I support my bullet buying habit at SPS. Haha

You can say that, bullets are getting out of sight. I have a buddy gunsmith that gets me my bullets at wholesale and I do his welding on guns in trade.
I had to look, yes it is a Charge master one of the older ones. My buddy just got a Hornady Lock and Load powder dispenser. It works great.

You can say that, bullets are getting out of sight. I have a buddy gunsmith that gets me my bullets at wholesale and I do his welding on guns in trade.
I had to look, yes it is a Charge master one of the older ones. My buddy just got a Hornady Lock and Load powder dispenser. It works great.
There are a couple of different iterations of the Chargemaster, the newer models seem to be quite an improvement over the originals where the scale and dispenser were sold separately.

I'm liking mine so far for most of the powders I've tried with the exception of H1000 which for some reason it has a hard time dispensing accurately.

Strongly recommend you check out "the straw" method as well as recalibrating the 3 different drop speeds as they really worked well for me. I currently don't have a link to the above modifications. I would check either stickies under "reloading", check archives and of course if all else fails ... google. I use quite a bit or H1000 - usually only buy the 5 lb jugs but using the above modifications worked wonders when using H1000 with my RCBS charge master. Maybe someone on the forum can furnish the above referenced changes.
Good Luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.