eletronic powder trickler

I'm going to live within the confines of 0.1 grain on my larger rifle cartridges because I'm not about to start cutting cylinders of powder in half to gain 0.05 grain consistency. That would be necessary with some of the larger kernal powders. And it doesn't sound like very many believe less than 0.1 grain measurements are necessary with the larger powder charges. 0.1 grain is 0.1% of a 100 grain charge.

Whereas 0.1 = 0.4% of a 25 grain charge in my .223. Might be something special about the 0.05 grain accuracy for the smaller case capacity shells.

..... and I seldom reload large caliber rounds with large amounts of powder

I just stated my personal experiences as it pertains to what I shoot and that may or may not be your scenario

I look at the Omega as a more consistent (and easier) vehicle to get me (not you or anyone else) where I want to be....

Mayve I should say.... your mileage may vary..........

Whereas 0.1 = 0.4% of a 25 grain charge in my .223. Might be something special about the 0.05 grain accuracy for the smaller case capacity shells.
It's nothing special for 22 and 24 caliber benchrest match cartridges burning charge weights in the 20 to 30 grain spectrum. They meter theirs to a 2/10ths grain spread.

I helped develop a load for the .308 Win. with 155-gr. bullets that when several thousand were made on two Dillon 1050 progressives with new, unprepped cases with charge weights around 45 grains with a 3/10ths grain spread produced 20-shot test groups at 600 yards 3 inches and smaller.

It's nothing special for 22 and 24 caliber benchrest match cartridges burning charge weights in the 20 to 30 grain spectrum. They meter theirs to a 2/10ths grain spread.

My .223 loads are for minute of ground squirrel, so I guess I need not bother with any more than 0.1 grain measurements there either.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts