ELDX and exits.

The only thing that exited in my 85 yd shot deer was guts & meat every where. No thanks ELDX .. The mono's I've used ( Brand doesn't matter ) have made clean exits every time. Blood shot meat , an absolute minimum. Deer or elk. Rib cage or lungs. All my deer & elk hunting from now on will absolutely be with mono's.

Definitely not what that bullet was designed for. Much better off with the Interbond at Sub 400yds ranges in particular.

Interlocks will fail at high velocity as well. Had a long discussion with the Hornady development team as soon as I got back from Africa in 2015.

None of my three shots on my big zerbra stud exited and when recovered all three bullets had separated and broken up.

We reloaded a bunch of my brass for both the .300wm and .375 Ruger with Peregrines and that ceased to be an issue.

I'd had it happen before with high speed impacts under 200yds but never at the kind of ranges we were shooting there but admittedly I only bought the .375 about six months prior to my trip that year in prep for same.
Hmm interesting,
I could see what u are saying in the interlock at high speed.
I'm sure interlocks at certain weighted bullets pushed at certain speed will eventually fail. The interlock bullets I'm talking I personally used were the 180 grain flat base bullets in the 30 cal. Speed range is 2825-3000 FPS. I've used them for certain application for over 25 years and have shot an enormous amount of big body whitetails and elk. Never had one not perform well at moderate ranges from 50 to oh 400 yards at moderate speeds. I'm sure any bullet will fail but I've not had one fail for me. Interesting though. If I ever make my bucket list and go over there and shoot a zebra I'll probably go back and load the ole partion.
I really like the interlock though in that weight range and speed on certain guns at moderate ranges. The ole 06 with a 180 gr interlock in my opinion is hard to beat for shots 0-400 yards.

Hmm interesting,
I could see what u are saying in the interlock at high speed.
I'm sure interlocks at certain weighted bullets pushed at certain speed will eventually fail. The interlock bullets I'm talking I personally used were the 180 grain flat base bullets in the 30 cal. Speed range is 2825-3000 FPS. I've used them for certain application for over 25 years and have shot an enormous amount of big body whitetails and elk. Never had one not perform well at moderate ranges from 50 to oh 400 yards at moderate speeds. I'm sure any bullet will fail but I've not had one fail for me. Interesting though. If I ever make my bucket list and go over there and shoot a zebra I'll probably go back and load the ole partion.
I really like the interlock though in that weight range and speed on certain guns at moderate ranges. The ole 06 with a 180 gr interlock in my opinion is hard to beat for shots 0-400 yards.

Honestly I felt bad about the Zebra. 3 hits all of which should have put him in the ground quickly but all in all it took about five minutes from the first hit until he was done.

I feel bad anytime an animal doesn't hit the ground instantly and expire within seconds.

My big sable was hit right above the sternum, frontal shot and we found the separated core and jacket near his right and left hips.

I am old , but new to this forum. I don't see much about Swift Sirocco bullets. Limited experience is that they make elk dead at 400:yds with fairly generic 30-06
The Swifts are one of the best bullets out there upon impact on game.
I can only speculate as to why they aren't used more, but here are some possible reasons, especially when talking long range.
The b c is pretty good but quite a bit less than some popular long range choices.
The bearing surface is long which makes them pressure up earlier reducing velocity potential also important for longer ranges.
The solid copper jackets tend to copper foul easier.
The cost is double some more popular long range choices and most long range hunters tend to practice a lot.
They CAN be as accurate but not as consistently as some others used by long range guys.
The best thing about them is they work the same every time from high velocity impacts down to velocities under 2000' fps. (I think around 1600 in my testing)
IMO, impact performance is about as good as it gets out to 700-800 yards.
They expand fairly easily but hold together VERY well at high impact.
IMO they are a good choice for large animals out to moderately long ranges.
They are used in some higher priced shelf ammo for good reason.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.