Ejected spent case hitting windage knob, falling back into chamber...?

Thanks........I guess that I will have to find a mail order place that accepts returns, and then order the "Medium" rings. That should tell me if for sure I need "High" rings. Or maybe order all three and return the not used rings.

This is what sucks about living in the wilderness, and only going to town for supplies once or twice a year. I sure expected a better response from LEUPOLD.

NO.......and this scope has "LOW" Turrets. I am hoping some guys with the same or nearly same set-up jump into this conversation. The Rem. 85197 is just a "Pimped" version of the M-24.
I have VX-6's on several different rifles and I use the lowest rings I can on all of them to still get a good natural sight picture. They are all mounted on 0-20moa rails and I haven't had any issues with brass dinging the knobs on M700's, M70's or M77 Hawkeyes.

Anyone have any thoughts about Leupolds response.....???
They were probably figuring on direct rather than rail mounted scopes.

What model action do you have? Type of extractor? None of mine throw the brass up at such an angle as to make striking windage knobs on any of my rifles or scopes.

What model action do you have? Type of extractor?

Thanks for the help, I was hoping you would jump in to this conservation. I have the Remington 700 with the "Varmint" barrel, pure stock as came from the factory. I had to go through hell to get this rifle, now the only part needed is the rings. It does have the Nightforce steel 20 moa base with the built-in recoil lug.

https://www.remington.com/rifles/bolt-action/model-700/model-700-5-r-stainless-threaded-gen-2

Thanks........I guess that I will have to find a mail order place that accepts returns, and then order the "Medium" rings. That should tell me if for sure I need "High" rings. Or maybe order all three and return the not used rings.

This is what sucks about living in the wilderness, and only going to town for supplies once or twice a year. I sure expected a better response from LEUPOLD.
Use Len's store and buy the TSR or TSR-W rings. Nobody easier to get along with.

Those rings with an EGW HD rail should work great with that scope and low or medium rings. I think all of my VX-6's are mounted with Low's and they are all 50 or 52mm OBJ scopes.

Thanks for the help, I was hoping you would jump in to this conservation. I have the Remington 700 with the "Varmint" barrel, pure stock as came from the factory. I had to go through hell to get this rifle, now the only part needed is the rings. It does have the Nightforce steel 20 moa base with the built-in recoil lug.

https://www.remington.com/rifles/bolt-action/model-700/model-700-5-r-stainless-threaded-gen-2
I have the exact same rifle in .260 rem and have run both the 3-18x50 and 4-24x52mm with the suggested setup above. I also run the 52 on my custom M1999 Palma Barreled 7mm STW with a 20moa Near Mfg steel base without any issues.

No issues with ejecting brass high on either of them and enough clearance at the obj relative to the barrel, even with the heavy Palma setup.

Remember too that you can control how hard your brass is thrown by controlling how much force you are using on the pull back when cycling the bolt. I generally do it such that I can actually catch my brass before it ever hits the bench or ground.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.