Windage Marks

ramrod79

I am in need of some info as I decided to sell my Huskemaw, as it did not balance well ( too Heavy) on my new light weight LR hunting rig,but I really liked the MOA windage marks. I have a few high end Leupolds that I would like to put a differant reticle in. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a good reticle for windage , the TMR looks good but complicated the scope will have the CDS dial on it for elevation but now I am stuck guessing my windage . ANY help or suggestions. If it helps I only shoot out to 600Yards .

The std. Duplex reticle is realy not enough for windage reference at only 2.5 MOA in mostVX-III scopes. I always though the Varmint Hunter's reticle though was perfect for that application with 3-1.7 MOA windage units right anog the reticle's horizontal axis. With a target elevation turret only that might be a pretty nice system really. I actually have 1 set up this way.

Swarovski's BT scopes are offered wih the 4w reticle. 2moa spaced hash marks provide windage markers for lead and follow values. The reticle is nice and open. The BT functions similar to Leupold's CDS system but allows the shooter to set his own zero's, or have a collet made for a specific load.

The next price point down would include the Vortex Viper HS LR. These scopes will have their Dead Hold BDC reticle which has windage markers incorporated as well. The HS LR scopes have an exposed target turret that can be replaced with a turret indexed for a specific load.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts