Night Force windage knob problem. Advise please.

C Gamboa

Well, I have a 4.5-22 X56 NXS,Zero stop scope. After I zeroed it at 100 meters,the windage knob was at 2 MOA to the right,I decided to put it to zero,I loosened the screw,and took the knob out OF THE SCOPE,when I put it back,it did not entered completly.It was 2 lines out,I tried hard to push it back,at zero,and at 2 MOA where it used to be,but every thing was useless,so I tighten it,but it looks like it has 40 MOA of correction,and I am afraid that the gap may get dust into the scope.I can live with it,but I am really disapointe with my *mechanical hability*.
By the way I tried to take out the battery,but it is very tight and I´m afraid to use any tool. I cant send it to service,and now it is ilegal in my country to mail it abroad. Any thougts. Advise please.
Thank you for reading.

On your windage knob remove the screw completely, and pull out on the knob to remove it. Then look at the O-rings on the scope and make sure one is not out of the grove or damaged. Take your finger and rub some of the grease there over the O-rings and inside the cap. Then place it back on slowly wiggling it pushing all the way on. Once ot is on all the way replace the screw, align the zero and tighten the screw.

For the battery, I would not use tools. But yes they are tight. Using two hands, hold the barrel of the parrelax knob with one hand and twist counter clockwise on the knob top with the other. Sometimes a piece of soft light rawhide or rubber will help you get a better grip. Do not max out the adjustment and twist against it. Do this in the middle of adjustment range so you don't damage the internals of the scope.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.