EAW rings and bases

Varmicide,
Unless you're absolutely set on EAW, I would recommend get something less over-complicated and more robust/reliable.

I started with EAW swing mounts on my 1st Sauer 202. I found I was having to rezero by about 1 click every morning when the rifle received rough-ish handling. Got rid of them and went for something simple and robust (and cheaper!)...problem solved.

Ended up with 2 piece warne weaver style bases and TPS rings. Seriously robust in comparison! ...and much cheaper!

edited to add a pic, the setup looked fine to my eye (sold the rifle now):
PB200226.jpg

....hope this helps; over here EAW mounts are talked of as some sort of 'Holy Grail'amongst mounts, I just can't understand it, way too complicated and fragile.....perhaps I'm just left a bit 'anti EAW' after my experience of them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif .....didn't mention the other downside is that they are seriously high too...almost set your scope up high enough to double duty as a carrying handle!

I have to second what Matt said, EAW to many parts, problems with them shooting loose.
But if you are set on some i can send you some over from Germany.
regards Pete

Have you still got the scope on that rifle brown dog?

Looks just like my PMI? that I still am not 100% sure about the clk values on elevation.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.