Easy way to setup a magnetospeed off a barrel

I developed a mount that goes on a pic rail and mounts in front of the bipod. is made up of an articulating arm, pic rail mount and a bracket that attaches to the V3.
works great, attaches in seconds, and holds it's position from use to use. There are two sizes, one with a max span of 12", and one at 15" (end of pic rail to muzzle).

Attachments

• IMG_0394.jpg
    IMG_0394.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0715.jpg
    IMG_0715.jpg
    657.7 KB · Views: 116
340PR, That's a neat setup and takes up much less storage room than the Wise rod. Also looks like it'd be faster to adjust than the Wise. Do you sell those and, if yes, how much.

I made several DIYs for my V3 and went back to being on the barrel for fear of shooting the bayonet and more accurate readings. On a few guns there is no poi shift, on others the shift is within an inch and strangely on an older Sako the groups shrink considerably with it mounted.

I developed a mount that goes on a pic rail and mounts in front of the bipod. is made up of an articulating arm, pic rail mount and a bracket that attaches to the V3.
works great, attaches in seconds, and holds it's position from use to use. There are two sizes, one with a max span of 12", and one at 15" (end of pic rail to muzzle).
Will this work on a 26" barrel?

I made several DIYs for my V3 and went back to being on the barrel for fear of shooting the bayonet and more accurate readings. On a few guns there is no poi shift, on others the shift is within an inch and strangely on an older Sako the groups shrink considerably with it mounted.

I think this is where I would end after trying the neat alternatives shown here...back to mounting on the barrel. It's a pretty narrow window you have to hit in order to attain a reliable measurement, so any movement of an independent piece could result in a NR, or if independent on a bench, disaster.

I can't say that the V3 changes the group sizes but there is a POI shift on my sporter barreled rifles. Seems to be about 1" - 1.5"at 100 yards. On thing that may increase the likelihood of increasing group size is the shifting of the V3 on the barrel after a few shots. I have to keep adjusting mine....check position and tighten the best I can. We can imagine that if there is a POI shift, then if it gets canted a little or moved forward and backward on the barrel a bit, there might be a resulting shift in POI in different directions, increasing the apparent group size.

When I hit a good velocity node, I just start concentrating on testing that load naked - no chrono. Then I adjust seating depth. But heck when my SDs get well under 10fps I know I'm on to something. I used a Shooting Chrony for years and the V3 is far more consistent/accurate, though the Chrony did a pretty good job. It's just not as precise.

The Sporters are not as robust. I have heard, and I can imagine by comparing them, that they are not as sturdy and they're missing a few features. For the price diff, I figured the V3 was the way to go.

The Lab Radar is of course awesome, but it has its own inconveniences and drawbacks. Been talked about ad-infinitem here and elsewhere over the last several years.

Heres' a fun game...use the Magento on your barrel, and place a Chrony out at the target to confirm at distance. I've done it many times and the results were what was spit out by the ballistic program. Just be sure you're shooting a 1 MOA load and you know your POI shift with the Magneto when you try that. 😏