Eastern Wyoming Antelope Hunters

kraigwy

If you're hunting near Newcastle we'll have our range open for our annual Sight In days on the 29th and 30th.

Look me up, I'll be working the range.

Going out tomorrow to get the range fixed up. We have a 300 yard range and gongs at 300.

I really enjoy working the range and visiting with out of state hunters.

Last year two guys showed up from PA if I remembered right. One guy stopped at Cabelas in Rapid City to buy a rifle and scope.

I mentioned to his partner that I wasn't a fan of driving across country and buying a rifle to hunt, thinking I'd want a bit of practice first.

Guy laughs and says "you don't understand, he gets close to the hunting area and calls his wife telling her he forgot his rifle and needs to get another one....he does this all the time".

Can't argue with that logic............but watching him shoot, he seem to know what he was doing. No trouble getting on and he shot pretty good. Fun guy to talk to.

The range in right in town.

From anywhere in town on the hills to the south you'll see a big yellow water tank. The range is below that.

From the intersection of Hwy 16 and Hwy 85, go west, (toward town) taking the by pass or the main road.

You'll cross the overpass (crosses the railroad), Take the first left, turning down into a housing area.

Again take the frist left and drive through the trailer court.

At the end of the trailer court a dirt road turns right, follow that road. The
gate will be open.

If you come from the west, again take the by pass, you'll drive by the High School on the left. Right about there, there is a road (last one before the overpass) take a right, (going south) then the first left again.

It's easy to find..

found the bypass and tracks, and main groc store, :) kept coming in after dark,,,,gun) thanks if I need the range again I can find it :) just finished anopther 100 reloads, some for next weekend,, some for the hunt,
thanks
Ben

Will also be in 23 but going to arrive the 28th I think. Cabellas outfitter wall tent, silver F150 & brown Tundra. You'll prolly recognize my truck plate.......:D

Now where to eat.

The Hi 16 Resturant is open 24 hours. It's located on the east end of town across the road (Hwy 16) from the Chevy dealer.

Yesterday I got them to come up with a flyer to post at the range informing hunters that they will be open and they also provide sack lunches.

Anyone mentioned seeing the flyer at the range for sight in days (Sept 29-30) will get $1 off their meal.

And no I don't have any interest in the Hi 16, just lining up a place to eat for early risers.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.