E-Caller

There may be something to the Ultra sonic sounds but it comes with new problems. The higher frequency is very directional and it's hard to make them loud.
Re-producing sounds that the human can't hear, but dogs/coyotes can, MIGHT work better. Proving it will be the hard part.

I saw Gary on a show a couple of years ago when he was testing his new call, and at one point he said something like, "they just can't resist" his new high frequency sounds.

Yeah Gary, right up until they get call shy, like they all do, after getting called and shot at. We'll see how well it works on high pressured coyotes. My guess is, no better than any other call on the market that costs much MUCH less.

To be honest, I'm someone who'd be happy seeing electronic calls gone.

So, I was trying to note something that is certainly different and beneficial, without sounding like a shill for a company, as I have no affiliation with MFK, and while also really trying to stay out of this.

Your other sounds may be recordings of National Geographic and the like recordings, so recordings of recordings, some use recordings of callers, some may get first hand recordings but they are generally from distance, which means ambient noise and the like that needs to be removed. As you can imagine all of this will lead to degraded soundfiles when they get the sound they actually want for the call "cleaned" up.

But here, some video to show, MFK gets their recordings from "captive" animals, recordings from as close as you can possibly get, they'll be as pure as possible.

So, if a person is buying an electronic call anyway, seems like it may be a decent option, let's say, at least, to get it from them with their recordings preloaded for you.

It isn't new for live animals to be recorded for calling. An older government trapper had a coyote that he had a 45RPM record made of for his 45 RPM battery powered record player that he used for coyote calling in the early 60's, Murry Burnham had a lot of cassette tapes made of animals that he sold with his version of a cassette caller as did Johnny Stewart several of them on Memorex tapes that were supposed to replicate sounds as close to the real thing as anything on the market at the time. It's not always the ultrasounds that you want it's also the infrasounds. Animals hear the lower frequencies as well that we don't and so many times we forget that fact in our quest of them. They also see in different light wave lengths than we do and being humans, we sometimes forget they don't hear or see the way that we do and it's kind of hard for us to imagine what the world is truly like for them because we tend to see and hear the world in our terms not theirs, well maybe it's just that I do it.

They all work and you don't have to spend a ton of money. I run with foxpro and have used a few over the years.

Even the cheap foxpro will bring them in