Primos Alpha Dog E-caller - likes & dislikes?

What calls did u use to call in the coyotes. ?? Did you kill any with your friend?

Here in Wi the adult cotton tail brought one across a half mile of corn feild right up to the driveway...pointin the caller another direction with an adult jack goin brought in one more but they all came in with the fawn in distress....multiple times.... the sets with my freind runnin the remote never got any where i could shoot without a house in the background or a highway....he had the caller so i let him choose the set ups...next time its my caller, my sets....if i can get em in to a farm yard with a semi and tractor runnin and ppl standin in the open i figure i can get em to my gun...

Man, if I was in your area I would buy your gas for a chance t go Callin and killing with you. . Sounds like your in em. ! Are there snowshoe hares there.

No snowshoe nothins where i live in Missouri, i drive a semi all over the lower 48.... all the "coyote hunters" around me burn 100s of gallons of gas every time it snows runnin their dogs all over everybodys property and im sick of it...we have more yotes than you can shake a stick at but they are 90% naucturnal thanks to the "hunters"....take a vacation...our yote season runs from the end of spring turkey season in mid may till the first of april...just got a txt from my freind, "your call your sets my property...bobcats and yotes"..
Guess i need to brush up on google earth scoutin...

All right. Good deal! ! If I was hunting in a populated area like that I would probably shoot a 17 or a 204 Ruger with some Blitz bullets. No richochets.
It's a nice warm day for us here, 5 below. How cold will the Primos callers work at? I remember the Power Dog was speced at -5 . Probably wouldn't be a problem for you guys tho.

just bought a alpha dogg from midway last night for 225.00... sale runs until 12-31-12......... I'm going to kill the crap out of them coyotes with it.

Been using a Flextone Echo... which works great...but I wanted the alpha so that I could upload more sounds. It should be a WINNER.

Please keep posting your results... it fuels the fire of desire....... to get out there.

All right. Good deal! ! If I was hunting in a populated area like that I would probably shoot a 17 or a 204 Ruger with some Blitz bullets. No richochets.
It's a nice warm day for us here, 5 below. How cold will the Primos callers work at? I remember the Power Dog was speced at -5 . Probably wouldn't be a problem for you guys tho.

Ive been using my 300wsm and 168g bergers....my freinds sendin 60g vmax outa a 18" bbl ar....gunna use a 204 on bob the cat if my wife will let me..

If i have problems with the td ill let u know...sunday mornin itll b round ten above....i have read to place a hand warmer under the batteries if it starts actin up...no problems the otherday with -20 wind chills....

Alpha Dog is a nice call, but they can use up alot of batteries. After one good day of calling 5-6 sets, it was starting to get really distorted because of weak batteries. All in all though, nice call

Alpha Dog is a nice call, but they can use up alot of batteries. After one good day of calling 5-6 sets, it was starting to get really distorted because of weak batteries. All in all though, nice call

Saw this thread show up on Google and had to add my 2 cents. I think this is an awesome unit. You've got 2 GB of storage for ~1000 calls. It comes with a bunch of call sequences by Randy Anderson, it's got folding legs that actually protect the speakers (smart design), and the remote works at >200 yards.

Really easy to carry versus some other units that are pretty darn clunky. It's also loud enough to call coyotes from long distance in pretty bad wind. I own quite a few electronic calls but I think this is one of the best.

Primos Alpha Dogg Review

Grant
gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.