duracoat gun....

i use just the cheap touch-up gun from harbor freight i think it was 15.00 one of the ten dollar air brush from wallmart work pretty good if you run about 40-45lb of air in it

I shoot all kinds of material with good results with the little gravity feed touch up brush from harbor freight. I have used it on stocks before with good results. About the only thing I do not use it for is clear coating. The spray pattern leaves a little too much orange peel for me. If you are looking to do some fine line air brush work then Iwata makes some good products.

Did you guys thin the paint or not? The one gun I tried to coat didn't stick very well. It was blasted with glass beads and then cleaned with acetone. There are places where you can scrape it off with your fingernail..... dang it.

To get the Dura Coat to stick requires thorough degreasing in addition to grit blasting w/ 120grit, not glass beading!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.