Duracoat

aggie99

I am considering Duracoating a rifle (or two) that have are bedded. would the thickness of the Duracoat affect the rifles or would they need to be rebedded?

I should have been a little more specific in that I want to duracoat the barreled actions.

Only put one or two light coats on the underside our your action where it makes contact. I do this and then seal with one coat of clear, works just fine. However, I am not going to use duracoat any more for barrels and actions. On metal, I've found it to be just about as duarable as krylon.

Only put one or two light coats on the underside our your action where it makes contact. I do this and then seal with one coat of clear, works just fine. However, I am not going to use duracoat any more for barrels and actions. On metal, I've found it to be just about as duarable as krylon.
Had the same issue then started using more hardener and applying in a drier room and letting it sit for 7 days before use. so far so good.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.