Duds anyone???

....as I did not crimp, had also shoved a couple of rounds into the cases a bit... I have religiously crimped since then.

Say it ain't so! Everyone who's anyone knows neck tension is all you need & crimping = missing since no crimped bullet ever flew straight in the history of mankind. You, my good sir, have been deceived by your lying eyes. 😁

Say it ain't so! Everyone who's anyone knows neck tension is all you need & crimping = missing since no crimped bullet ever flew straight in the history of mankind. You, my good sir, have been deceived by your lying eyes. 😁
Yeah those derned internet experts can get people in trouble....

I like the idea of a written process. Do you have a check list or just the process written out?
I have a written process starting at square one whether new brass, factory ammo brass, and even range brass. As loading techniques change, equipment, components, I revise as needed. I also have binders dedicated SOLELY for each rifle that contains load data on a form either a ladder, general load, references etc. I can tell you exactly how many rounds are fired with every rifle I own excluding 22LR.

IMO, if you do not have a written process, strongly recommend one just to have QC on your ability to load consistent ammunition. If you do have a problem, you now have the ability to narrow down where it potentially occurred.

I have a dedicated thumb drive with all load data and my reloading steps haven't changed in 40+ years. One step at a time. Biggest one is NOT drinking while reloading. I've seen people get into trouble with that.

How about the time I grabbed rl 16 off the shelf when I thought it was 26!!! Can we say pressure! That could have been bad. Good thing the gun was built well! I noticed impact was about 3" from where it should've been so I started looking at stuff and found excessive pressure on the headstamp. Be careful boys. It can happen to anybody.