Duct Tape on muzzle brake

The problem with ear plugs is that you cannot hear the game rustling the brush.
I use those thin ear muffs that amplify sound but block gun shots. They are great. You can actually hear game better than before and never notice the gun shot. I recently bought another pair of Walker Razors for $35. That is really cheap and they do great. They never hinder my cheek weld or get in my way. They are not uncomfortable in hot weather, but they keep my ears warm in cold. Win win win.

When hunting in the field a muzzle brake is a pain and the extreme noise can damage your hearing. Has anybody ever tried wrapping the end of the gun with duct tape in order to block the holes on the muzzle brake? Is this an ok way to temporarily block the muzzle brake?
How hard is it to wear hearing protection? I have a set of muffs that even amplify sound until a gun shot goes off and then it mufflers it just like normal ear protection. I can hear deer from 150 yards off. That's way better then doing something with tape that could either screw up your gun or screw up your point of aim and is not likely to do anything for the sound.

When hunting in the field a muzzle brake is a pain and the extreme noise can damage your hearing. Has anybody ever tried wrapping the end of the gun with duct tape in order to block the holes on the muzzle brake? Is this an ok way to temporarily block the muzzle brake?
When hunting i tape the muzzle to keep stuff out . I dont find the noise from a brake that bad from shooters perspective but hell on others off to the side. The tape is blown off at tge muzzle, leaving tape on tve sides , which i use to retape muzzle. Have not taped the brake, but like others have said, it will not reduce noise level. I for one like my ears to hear when hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.