70 grain Hammer on big game

They will shoot through a bowling ball at 600 yards so I say go get it. I shoot 80.5 beger 22 creed shot this sheep 510 blowed through both sholders

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210117-181441_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210117-181441_Gallery.jpg
    413.6 KB · Views: 181
Really have not shot a lot of hammer bullets--but have shot big game (mostly whitetail deer, hogs and axis) with as small as a 22 hornet with a Barnes X. When they made the 35 grain we shot a few deer and hogs with it--it worked..a 22-250, 22-6mm, I have a 22 creedmoor we shoot heavys out of--and it is deadly inside 300-400 yards. I have been shooting the berger 80.5 grain, and a 88 grain eld--and it does great. I sure would not be scared with a 22-250 and a 70 grain mono bullet against anything 250 lbs and under.

I started my children using a .223 or the 22-250
55 gr. On our north central deer. At times it seems they didn't know that they were shot. They just looked around as the blood was pumping out of both sides then fall over. I don't know about big northern deer but with the smaller Texas deer I wouldn't hesitate. I have dropped 250 pound hogs with a .223 with 60 grain bullets. That is what I carry as a ranch gun.

By chance anyone happen to have a BC for the 70 Hammer? I can't find the info on their web site? Most likely I'm not searching right

Too each his own. If you've experienced success with these calibers Great. This is a "long Range hunting forum ". Frankly, no one here who's spent a good deal of experience hunting big game could ever suggest using the calibers you mentioned for LONG RANGE BIG GAME HUNTING.
Maybe @FEENIX can recommend a definition of long range and determine if this thread is ok.

Not what you asked but .............

I hunt black bears in Canada on a regular basis. One of my outfitters told me that he's got a hunter who shoots his bear every year with a 22-250. While that was quite a surprise to me, you can't argue with success. This was looooong before Hammers entered market. My guess is that he was getting it done with an ordinary cup & core. I'm sure your Hammer load will be even more effective.

For me - I usually go in the opposite direction. I like the 45-70 for bears, as can be seen in my avatar.

I hunt black bears in Canada on a regular basis. One of my outfitters told me that he's got a hunter who shoots his bear every year with a 22-250. While that was quite a surprise to me, you can't argue with success. This was looooong before Hammers entered market. My guess is that he was getting it done with an ordinary cup & core. I'm sure your Hammer load will be even more effective.

For me - I usually go in the opposite direction. I like the 45-70 for bears, as can be seen in my avatar.
Too the Bc question on the 70 gr Hammer bullet the G1 is 300 . I might be responding too a old post that's been resurrected

RockyMtnMT is one of the owners of Hammer Bullets

Yep I know that, but what I couldn't figure out what his comment regarding Feenix was supposed to mean. As well since he was one of the owners I figured he'd be able to answer the BC question...

Too the Bc question on the 70 gr Hammer bullet the G1 is 300 . I might be responding too a old post that's been resurrected

Thx, I got a text from Hammer this morning stating that as well. I kind of figured it was in the 300 to low 300 range.

Appreciate it

Yes sir the 22/250 and the Swifto has been incredibly effective on black bears be it one is sitting a bait site and or via spot and stalk. I know of a lot of bruins who've met their end via one of these two rounds. Pretty much all via 55 Horn w/c, 63 Sierra, 60 Horn sp and HP and the 64 Power Point.

They're lean mean killing machines and punch way above their pay grade!

My biggest bruin to date was 20 3/16", shot at 178 yards with the 63 Sierra. He was quartering away, I hit him about where his right love handle would be. Bruin went about 20 yards and tipped over. The 63 went pretty much end to end and exited where his Adams apple would be (if a bear had an adams apple:)